General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Dash warning lights doing their own thing.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 04:27 AM
Default Dash warning lights doing their own thing.

Wierd problem!! My battery went dead recently, due to a long idle period - I jump started the car. Since then, the warning lights have been on a mission of their own! Firstly, they all came on while I was driving, and then sorted themselves out - no effect on driving the car.

I also noticed that all of the warning lights would "flash" as the indicator lever was activated.

Recently, they have been coming on at intervals, in random combinations, but with no effect on any workings of the car, and staying on in that combination. Currently the ABS, ASR and roll bar light are on - when switching on the ignition, these are the only lights showing, as opposed to previously when all came on when turning on the ignition

Please can I get some advice, as the local companies have a tendency to skin you if you are not aware of the possible causes, when taking the car in for maintenence!!

Old 09-12-2005, 10:11 AM
Default RE: Dash warning lights doing their own thing.

Dring this idle period, do you leave the battery connected? If so try disconnecting the ground cable for 1/2 hour, Then reconnect, and see what happens.