General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Ride Level Pt 3

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 04:34 PM
Default Ride Level Pt 3

Yes I have nothing better to do Anyway follow up to my ride level problem. As you will recall I took BH to the dealer - $200 + tax later came back with leaking rear strut. I thought I also asked him to check the alignment. After several emails finally got an answer this was response;

"I'm just responding now as I was on vacation for a couple of
weeks. (These guys don't have a system that says they are away...emails just go unanswered) We did'nt check your alignment using the alignment machine as we
were running out of time. However we did do a visual inspection & drove the
car. The car had no physical damage & the car drove striaght. If you would
like us to check the alignment we would need your car for a few hours. The
cost of a 4 wheel alignment is $260.00 + tax ."

Got'a love it

Am I right or am I wrong if someone brings in a vehicle and says he hit something hard enough to blow the tire wouldn't a proper alignment check be in order?

Maybe I am expecting too much from MB?

Old 06-24-2010, 07:45 PM

they could drive it and physically look at the suspension but it would cost you to put it on the alignment rack and check the alignment to see if its good. alot is invloved with the aligment so they wouldnt just check it for free, but the tech should inspect all 4 tires and rims for cracks or tire damage and recommend an alignment to you. usually when a car comes in with a blown tire its just replace the tire and check the rim...unless the customer states otherwise or the tech notices something on the road test.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Default Alignment

Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to visually check the alignment? I understand tire wear will indicate - I don't want to wait for that and don't want to pay MB another $260 to check it. Is there any other way of checking without using the machine? Measure? Thanks.