General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Rhino Ramps slippage issue SOLVED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 03:07 AM
Default Rhino Ramps slippage issue SOLVED!!!

I solved the ramp sliding problem I was having on my very smooth garage concrete floor by putting tie down straps from Harbor Freight 15 foot ratcheting tie downs through the top of each ramp's centering hole. I used the end of the strap that was just strap without the hook so its flat thin end could be pushed through the ramp hole. This hole is locate in the front part of the ramp and is there in the ramp to help you center the middle tire tread with the center of the ramp.

Tying a large enough knot will keep the tie down strap from pulling back through that hole if tugged on. (tie two knots on top of each other to get the knot large enough not to pull back through the hole) That knot should be on the under side of the ramp.

Extend the other end of the strap with the hook on it away from the ramps far enough to where the back tires will be rolling over the strap before the front tires come in contact with the front of the ramp. I placed a few strips of duct tape to keep the straps in place When you roll up to the ramp the rear tires will be on top of the straps. Since the straps are also now attached to the front of the ramps the straps will keep the ramps from pushing forward on a floor too slick for the teensy tiny anti skid pad the ramps are built with.

I did not want to drill holes in my garage floor and screw down 2x4's etc to accomplish the same thing. The industrial anti skid tape they put on stairs to keep you from slipping did not work either for me.

The strap method works well. ---try to make a smooth even attempt up and onto ramps to minimize sphincter pucker.

As with everything your results may vary. I accept no liability for anything that somehow does not go well

The strap portion from Harbor Freight ratcheting tie downs was repurposed to keep the Rhino Ramps from scooting forward on my smooth garage floor.