General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Rhino Ramps

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Default Rhino Ramps

I am looking at various ramps for quick oil changes. I have a heavy duty Bilstein floor jack and Craftsman Jacks for major jobs. Any suggestions or experiences with Blitz Rhino Ramps. I have seen a few recommendations and want to find out what pros and cons people have experienced. Any feedback would be appreciated.

1990 300E 87K
1983 300D 103K
1988 190E 126K

Old 10-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Default RE: Rhino Ramps

I have a pair.

I bought them for my C5 because of their shallow angle.

They're light.

They won't rust.

They're wide to accomodate wide front tires and don't have a high lip along the edges.

They won't send shivers up your spine when you drag them on the garage floor.

They aren't high enough to get comfortably under the car while you're on a creeper. Instead, I use a large piece of cardboard and slide around on it. But, every ramp I've ever used for cars is the same.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Default RE: Rhino Ramps

Blitz Rhino are good and fairly priced. I pumped my oil out of the dipstick. as it is Mercedes approved . Oh I change the oil filter with a mercedes filter, the only after market filter I ever seen is a FRAM and IMHO FRAM is over hyped. Their Mercedes oil filter box suggest changing the oil every 3K. I use the new Mercedes cotton fiber fileter and 0/40 Mobil 1. However, I changed my oil twice a year or every 6K miles which ever comes first every third of so change i drain the oil, from the sump