General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Default radio

I never noticed before, butis the radio supposed to be able to turn on if there is no key in the ignition? My battery keeps getting drained andIam trying to narrow the seach as to what is doing it.C230 2001. Thanks.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Default RE: radio

Yes, your radio can be turned on if there's no key in the ignition. It will stay on for approx. 1 hour. If you are suffering battery drain, you may want to check elsewhere. Are you leaving the interior lights on? Is there something you've added that is not properly grounded? Do you know...have you checked? Then again, maybe you just need a new battery. What'd ya think, huh?

Old 01-22-2008, 08:31 PM

Thanks for the reply, at least now I know that is not the problem. We bought this car on a used car lot, and recently we have noticed a lot of "shorts". The battery used to drain all the time and by seaching this forum I tried to unplug the power seat module on the driver's side. It fixed the problem. Then I noticed that if I left the mirror adjuster switch on the passengerside, thatwhenever I started the carthe next, mirror would automatically change to the farthest it could go out and the lowest down it could go. And it it was not preset to do so on either of the 3 preset buttons. Also the sunroof takes forever to open, it stops every 2 seconds and you have to push if over and over again, then when you go close it it goes really slow. I am afraid that it will get stuck open. I had the battery tested at Autozone and that said that the battery was ok.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:55 PM

if your battery keeps going dead your sunroof will loose its normalization (memory) for one touch feature-to reset that do the following-sunroof in the closed postion hold the switch all the way forward for approx. 10 seconds and then push and hold it upwards to lift the sunroof up and it should be renormalized-as far as your mirror goes this is due to the "back up mode" which basically moves the mirror down so you can see in blindspots when backing up-put the switch on the drivers side and this will probably stop happening and this is normal operation-ive have a few C-classes that both front seat control modules were faulty and if you unplugged oneside the other side would stay "awake" and vice versa-mercedes benz has updated seat control modules-hope i have helped out a little bit i am a certified mercedes technician