General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Please help new member!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Default Please help new member!

Hi. I was once an addicted to diesel junky on some pretty good MB diesel forums. I had an 81 300TDT and 83 240D 5spd. (best car EVER!)

I have a "new to me" 1991 300TE. Have a few minor issues hoping you gurus can help with:

1. Trying to install a new antenna. Where does the original cable split, or is it all one continuous cable from radio to antenna?

2. Bought the car with no windshield washer fluid. Filled it up and warning light went away. but now still doesn't pump fluid. wondering how to test if motors actually working? and secondly where to buy if needed? (local junkers do not have them)

3. I need to know where the fuse/relay for the rear wiper/washer is. no manual (yet) and dont know where to start looking.

4. What is that little circular pumpy-thing in the rear of the wagon behind the wheel well panel over the gas filler tube that has a red up/down pump handle on it? (my kid was pumping it last night... hopefully not something he could screw up?)

5. and FINALLY... please help me find out what the heck this rogue plug is for, and if I need to plug it back in somewhere. It's hanging out btwn washer res. and coolant res. I see nothing it would plug into...the other end comes out of one of the belt pulleys on the passenger side.

Thanks guys! really looking forward to getting back to basics with this vehicle. All that's left is to give her a name.

Attached Thumbnails Please help new member!-plug1.jpg   Please help new member!-plug2.jpg