General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Default RE: New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician

Hi Tony,
Perhaps the simplest question of all, but I can't figure out the answer. 1972 350sl (European, 3.5l), there are 2 coolant temp sensors on the intake to the left of the aux air valve. The one furthestleft (as you look at the engine from the front)has a brown connector with a "hook". How does that connector come off?
Thanks in advance.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:12 PM

Nevermind... I got the connector off last night. It appears to be the gauge sender and after 36 years the sender pins had corroded. Cheap parts......

Old 05-25-2008, 10:19 AM

Welcome Tony, I can certainly use your help. I had my oil changed at the dealership on my 01' slk320 and when they returned it to me the mileage was reset at 4700 instead of the 10K normally showing. When I ask about it they told me because they have no record of the inspection 2 being done, 4700 was what the computer set it at and they can't or won't override it due to liability causes. Is there any way to reset this myself or is a tool needed when it gets to this stage. I've tried the dash board method and it won't reset. Thanks, Tim

Old 05-25-2008, 11:50 AM

Hi Tony,

I am a new member in the Cayman Islands, I have a 1999 c280 4 matic. Spilled a soda into the gear shift console. Car is stuck in 2nd gear. Any help in what is causing this poblem?

Old 05-25-2008, 05:46 PM

I have a 2008 S550 with the massage seats. I set the seat for their air settings and start the massage feature. All is well on massage until suddenly all air chambers deflate and the seats go flat. I can not reset the feature at all as the setting revert to zero immediately. I let the car sit overnight and when I get in the car in the morning the massage works again with the original settings. The same thing happens time and time again. No one has heard of this or has a fix. Particularly aggravating is when the air chambers deflate so do the lumbar settings. The problem is on both the driver and the passenger's seats.

I spoke to MBUSA and the dealer and all they say is they have never heard of this before. I pulled the fuse and put the same fuse back in and the seats worked. I am not going to do that every day. The problem started the first day I bought the car a month ago.

Help.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Default ML 320 2000, A/C cold air only lasted for 15 minutes after cold engine start ?

06/08/08

Hi Tony:

My cold air only lasted for about 15 minutes after cold engine start ?

Air Compressor, Freon, Fan all working fine.

Your guidance is truly appreciated.

Thanks

TechDummie
Email: Longhaily@Yahoo.com

Old 06-23-2008, 02:09 PM

Hi Tony my name is Darrell and i have a 2000 s430 and won't start, my steering wheel has to be in the downward position in order for this car to start, but it only goes to the upward position and today i notice that with the little key it won't lock the the car the when i turn the key in the door handle they go up and down but only the unlock gives off the one flash the locking does not flash 3 times when the car first started doing this if i could get the remote to unlock the car would start but now the remote won't work I,m in ohio, and i now have the car at home anything you could tell me would help thank you

Old 06-25-2008, 03:35 PM

Hi,i guess you will be swamped with questions? Maybe you can help me,i am in uk and have a 1989 300ce, the car has an apparently intermittent fault,the electric seats and windows stop working at random then start working again,could this be anything to do with the ovp relay as voltage at the battery changes,could i have a faulty ovp? I work as a lift engineer so i might be able to follow drawings but alas at this stage i do not have any. Many thanks, Alan

Old 06-26-2008, 09:17 PM

Maybe you can help me... I would be most grateful
I have a 1999 S420 and have been having issues with my blower. finally quit working. My dealer said it was a bad blower and regulator, a $1300 fix. So i bought a new regulator and salvage blower motor and put it in myself. When I started the car the auto temp gage was on auto and blower was blowing full speed, Great! when i manually tried to turn down the fan it turned off. then when I turned it on and off it worked at full speed but then would turn on and off. Is there something i need to program here. Any help would be appreciated! I would really like to figure this out.

kowalik@tds.net

Old 06-27-2008, 10:19 PM

Bet your getting bomb-barded by making that statement!!! I do have one, I own a C230 (2005) and need to adjust the headlights, they are shooting to high. I cannot figure it out, and that is a bit embarrassing to admit!. Any ifo would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician