General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Default RE: New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician

hey guys what are your thoughts on swaping out my clk55 v8 for a cl65 v12 275.980... i know i will have to upgrade the trans and ecu you but just wondering if it will fit....figure if they can squeeze it in to a sl65 why not? thanks

Old 04-13-2008, 11:52 AM

Hi Tony,
I need a transmission for my 93 190E 2.6. I have heard to go with rebuilt as they will run as long as new. True? In my case forward is fine, it's reverse that is the problem. I have put alot of maintenance on this car and otherwise it runs and looks great. I dont want to get into something new, just want my car to run. I'm lost and just need some direction. I've been told this car will run forever...it has 190K. Can you give me some insight?
[]Gloria / Miami, FL

Old 04-14-2008, 11:11 AM

Hi Tony,

first of all thanks! I have a ML320 1999 with 105k miles. Has big problems starting when temperature drops below 6 Celtius. I was told it is due to the Oxigen Sensors (asked price 550£ or 1100USD to replace). What are these sensors and where can I find them on the engine? I'm a flight Engineer on helicopters, would like to give 'em a look, maybe clean them before such an expensive intervention. Are they easy to locate/replace? is the price correct? Thanks a lot for any information on this topic.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:43 PM

hi Tony-can you help-I'm trying to find out whats up with my central locking. The interior lights won't go off. The car locks and unlocks as normal on the key fob but the internal key button won't work.All the doors all lock as normal when you go over 10 miles an hour but now all the doors have started unlocking when I slow down to less than 10miles an hour. Makes for an interesting journey with the doors locking and unlocking themselves all the time!!

Old 04-14-2008, 04:17 PM

I have an 06 e350 and of course it's brake job time. I have done at least 50 other brake jobs on various other cars/trucks. My questions for you guru's are these:
1. Can I do it myself?
2. Can I find the parts, if so where do you suggest?
3. Can I go to drilled rotors with the stock calipers, they appear to be the same dimensions?

Old 04-23-2008, 11:11 AM

HELLO TONY
ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO ANSWER QUESTIONS ON THIS FORUM-WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE TIME TO RUN YOUR BUSINESS-
I HAD SOUTHBAY AUTO ELECTRIC IN SAN JOSE OVER 30 YEARS AGO ON THE CORNER OF SOTH FIRST ST. AND ALMA-THE OLD BMW DEALERSHIP. VERY GOOD TOWN FOR BUSINESS-GOOD LUCK

Old 04-23-2008, 10:11 PM

Ever have a 2004 E320 surge back and forth when slowing down to stop or in a parking lot at slow speeds, the dealer has replaced the following--torque converter, reinstalled software and opened up the tranny and replaced the clips and adjusted some other pieces in the transmission. Within a week, it is back in the shop, any ideas? Dealer claims they can't find anything but has been in now 5 times for the same problem. Purchased it Oct 2007 from dealer.thanks

Old 04-30-2008, 06:15 PM

SRS Light is on and computer scan sees control box but reports no errors....
What do I do??????

Old 05-01-2008, 06:52 AM

Good morning Tony, I have an '82 300D that the glow plug relay buzzes when I turn on the key.It does not activate the glow plugs so it does not start. I replaced the relay and got the same results. I changed the glow plugs and same results. Any suggestions where to go next??
Thanks BobS

Old 05-19-2008, 12:56 PM

Tony, I have a 2002 s430 "sos tele aid" comes on..how do I shut it off. I don't need it anyway since it does not work. This must be a common problem with all non digital systems like mine. Thanks

Quick Reply: New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician