General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 02:44 AM
Default New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician

Hello all,
My name is Tony, I am a Mercedes-Benz shop owner(Mercedes Exclusively in San Jose,CA)and Master Mercedes-Benz technician. If I can help with any questions, please feel free to ask!
Thank you

Old 10-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Default RE: New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician

need a owners manual
can't figure out cruise control
some control buttons etc. and types of oils needed
for ML 320 1998

Old 10-18-2007, 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: mbzex

Hello all,
My name is Tony, I am a Mercedes-Benz shop owner(Mercedes Exclusively in San Jose,CA)and Master Mercedes-Benz technician. If I can help with any questions, please feel free to ask!
Thank you
Welcome Tony!
It's great to havea pro with your credentials and expertise on the Forum! Used to travel quite a bit to San Jose and it seemed like every other car was a Benz. Glad you can find the time and have the willingness to help us novices with these magnificent beasts.

Bob

Old 10-19-2007, 01:45 PM

Hi Tony
I am also a new member to the forum. I have acquired a 99 CLK 200. I have a problem with both drivers and passengers seat switches whichboth only work very intermittently in the forward direction. All other switch positions work perfectly. Is this a problem with both switches or a common relay or power supply ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. How do you remove these switches without causingdamage to the interior ?
Yours sincerely PJ

Old 10-20-2007, 09:08 PM

Welcome to the forum. I have a 2002 S430 and the subscription expired on my Tele Aid. I do not need it so have not renewed. Every time I start the car, the message comes on the message board to Visit Workshop Tele Aid . Is there any way I can disconnect the Tele Aid so the message stops coming on?

Old 10-22-2007, 04:00 AM

HELP! - ML 63 AMG stalling problem

Hi Tony, welcome to the forum. I am hoping that you may be able togive me some advice.

I have a 2007 ML 63 AMG which stalled while braking into a left hand turn to merge into traffic at approx 60km/hour on the day after delivery. No sound, shudder or warning, just lit all the lights up on the dash, no power steering and limited brakes.

After two weeks in the shop, no faults were found and it was deemed to be a glitch or perhaps fuel blockage.

10000 kilometres later, it has stalled again while I was driving it again breaking into a left hand turn at approx 20km/hour in a parking lot.

After two weeks in the shop and again no fault presenting, the service manager informed us that they have replaced the crankshaft sensor as this caused stalling in the last model ML.

As we had already searched forums for this problem, we were pretty sure this wasn't the case as they were often from overheating and usually did not restart immediately. Our car will start immediately after the stall. The service department researched further and told us that there was a software update that had been tried on a car in Melbourne with a similar problem and so far it hadn't stalled again, but they don’t know whether it has fixed it.

This is our family car and obviously we are concerned about it stalling perhaps next time going in to a corner at 80-100km/hour and in turn locking the brakes and steering, and as it is intermittent, we have no way of telling if it is fixed unless it does it again.

I'm beginning to think that my car is a lemon.

I love this car and really do not want to get rid of it.

Have you had any experience with any faults like this, I'm sure that your dealership would see a lot more ML's than ours and you may of seen this and know how to fix it.

Help.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:52 AM

Welcome, Tony.[sm=welcomesign.gif]
Your talents will be very useful to many of us.
Regards,
Perry

Old 10-27-2007, 05:01 PM

Hi. I am also a new member, I need assistance with the hardtop not lowering on my 1998 Merceds SLK230. It was working fine, now the trunk opens, the latch unlockes in the center of the roof, but nothing else happens. Hoping that you can assist. Thanks, John

Old 10-28-2007, 12:33 PM

93' 190e 2.3

oil build up in coolant, (just had it flushed so oil is confirmed & doesn't seem like coolant is mixed in oil) looking to see if car has an oil cooler, any other ideas what it might be besides the dreaded head gasket - a quote on a head gasket replacement would be apprecitated too

Cheers,

Benz Fan

Old 10-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

welcome tony.

nice to have you around.

Quick Reply: New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician