General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Default RE: New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician

Thanks!! I have a 1999 slk230 with 96k..last week i had to disconnect the battery. The radio first read CODE so i tried to enter the code that the dealer gave me. I tried several times and i ended up with the word WAIT. I have read in the forum the directions of waiting 10m at firsta nd then 24 hours with the radio on but nothing seeems to work. I still get code.

Does anyone think its something wrong with the code that the dealer gave me or am i doing somehting wrong.

tks to all,

armando

Old 10-29-2007, 01:11 AM

How do I ask a question on here. I am new to all of this and very confused. HELP!

Thanks!

Beccy

Old 11-01-2007, 10:08 PM

Hello Tony, my name is Heather and I recently aquired a 1986 300E at an Auction here in LA. It had been sitting for quite some time and there was no key.I had a key made andafter a few tries it started up. As time went by, it got harder and harder to start, but it always did.Sometimes I would have to crank it 20 times which my neighbours really loved. The starter is really strong asis the battery.Then one night it just wouldn't start. During this time I changed the spark plugs and that improved the problem but not for very long. After reading the forum, I became fully convienced that the problem was the CPS so I replacedit (and it needed that) but the problem was still there.A friend told me the problem was the fuel filter so I replaced that. No help.The car has been sitting here for over two months and it's my only form of transporation.I can't afford a Mercedes Mechanicand all the amature mechanics I know don'thave a clue when it comes to Mercedes. Can you give me any advice as to the problem and how to solve it. I would be so greatful if you could help. Thank you in advance for time. Heather

Old 11-02-2007, 01:58 AM

Hi Tony, welcome to the forum. I am hoping that you may be able togive me some advice.

C-class 220cdi , 40,000miles keeps gong into limp mode when i give it full/half revs between gear changes,
Would it be somethink to do with the electric gate on the turbo?

Old 11-05-2007, 11:11 PM

Hello, yes, if you are having trouble with the cruise control, check the manual....
As far as the fluids, what kind are you speaking of?

Old 11-05-2007, 11:15 PM

Hello PJ,
I have not heard of that happening before. If one switch was doing that, I would say it is a switch, but since both are doing it, it must be something common to both "seat forward" switches. Not sure exactly what is in that circuit off the top of my head.
I will try and look it up and see what is common to both.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:19 PM

Hello Heather. If the car had been sitting for a long time as you described, I think the first thing that should be looked at is the quality of the fuel. The gas may be bad. I have seen this happen before. Also, could be a fuel pump..It is hard to say without actually being there, but since you mentioned the car has been sitting, I would check and see if the gas is ok first..

Old 11-05-2007, 11:22 PM

If you have typed in the code that many times and it is not working, the code may have been entered incorrectly. One thing that can be done is to remove the radio, get the serial number from it and that will give a the proper code. Sometimes, if the radio is replaced under warranty, the new code slips through the process and is not written down.
See if the dealership can check the code by serial number

Old 11-05-2007, 11:24 PM

Hello Beastie,
Unfortunately, in California, we never see the type of car that you are talking about. I don't know what would be wrong with that particular model that you have.I am sorry.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:26 PM

Common problem on the slk tops is the limit switches in the front part of the top..hard to say though, there are so many switches that could act up and cause this.

Quick Reply: New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician