General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Default RE: New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician

HI Tony, can any one tell me what code 10 Voltage at air mass meter to high or low means. Is the sensor bad or wire harness no good. I got 10 blinks on the self diognostic plug by the battery which is 16 pin plug (obd I). The car rough idles when you release the accelerator for a few seconds and smooths out and hesitates between 2000 to 3000 RPM over 3000RPM accelerates fine. Any suggestions is appreciated.1995 E320.

Thanks, Phil

Old 11-08-2007, 11:05 PM

You know, the one thing I would eliminate as a cause for any problem like that on an older car would be an "over voltage protection relay". It is a silver looking relay near the cowl(with a fuse mounted in the top of it)and I have seen that relay cause some really funky problems. They are pretty cheap I think...I would throw one of those in there and see what happens.

Old 11-09-2007, 06:42 AM

Welcome Tony. I am new to the forum as well.
I do have a question for you. My drivers side door check is clicking and I've been told if replaced it would fix that problem. I see the part is less than $30, but do you know about how labor intensive? I assume the door panel needs to come off right? I've never taken off Mercedes door panels before, is there a special "process"?

Thanks in advance!
Dave

Old 11-09-2007, 01:26 PM

Hello.. I have a 1989 560sl, that has a check engine light. I read a code 4 using the blink light device.. I cannot locate any info in reference to what this means. Thanks in advance Larry

Old 11-10-2007, 07:38 AM

Tony, welcome to the forum.

I do have a question as well, I have a 2003 C230 Kompressor, about 70,000 miles, have recurring rear suspension issues, bushings wearing, getting that clunk noise again, can you recommend a bushing kit perhaps?

Thanks

Trygve

Old 11-11-2007, 05:22 PM

Welcome to Forum Tony!

I have issue with my C320 regarding doo lock making noise. When I try to lock with remote it jumps 2-3 time then only locks and same happens when I unlock. What is reason for this? Secondly what should be done to correct this and how much it will cost at dealer vs others....

Please help.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:16 PM

Hello,
I wonder if you guys can help. Nobody seems to know what the problem is here. I have a 1985 300CD and when I an on the road for about 50 minutes at 65 to 75 MPH I start getting a clanking noise from the rear. I first thought it was the muffler rattling back there and replaced Rubber holders but it keeps doing it. When I stop and it cools down it runs fine and then starts again after 15 minutes or so on the hway. Do you have any ideas?
Cesar
[/align]

Old 11-14-2007, 03:52 AM

Welcome Tony. I to am new to this forum. One ? for you. I do my own work on my 02 slk230. I want to change the tranny fluid, should i use MB synthetic or will a good brand name be OK?? Thanks for your time.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:03 AM

Hello Tony -- Hope you can last the bombardment of questions. I just bought a "salvage" title SLK320 (2002). I'm trying to determine mileage on the car (it had been reparied and drives well). Besides the odometer, I am told that the MB dealer has several areas on the car they can check, to compare mileage readings -- because the odometer meter must be wrong (it reads around 22K miles, but the car looks more like 60K) and CarFax and dealership records stop 3 years ago. If I took the car to a dealer, could they give me more info than I presently have? Thanks.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:44 PM

Hello...
Yes, the door panel does have to come off! Once you get the panel off though, it is pretty easy. There are three bolts affixing the door check to the door and one that affixes the strap to the body of the car.

Quick Reply: New member, Mercedes-Benz Master Technician