General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Heater @ a/c unit

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Default Heater @ a/c unit

well i was having trouble with my radio , so i pulled the center consul apart to get to the radio , while doing this task i was forced to unplug the heater/ac unit. (it worked previously) now that i put it all back together that unit does not work , does not even light up. would it be possible that i plugged in the wrong plug back into this unit? or maybe blew a fuse
? if a fuse , if someone could tell me where it is , i would make you my bff. or maybe something i missed something that needs plugged in to make this work? just need some help and ideas.

edit: whoops , 2002 s430

Old 04-12-2014, 08:41 AM

Im pretty sure i blew the fuse , however i cant find its location? i have looked for days. i even tried the net , but still no luck. it sucks when my windows fog up. so im in desperate need of this fuse location , please

Old 04-12-2014, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by zerocool
Im pretty sure i blew the fuse , however i cant find its location? i have looked for days. i even tried the net , but still no luck. it sucks when my windows fog up. so im in desperate need of this fuse location , please
you might have fault codes in the system from disconnecting it. you might have to get the codes cleared. you can also try connecting the AC pushbutton unit and then disconnecting the car battery for a bit, then connect battery and see if the climate control works again. I doubt its a fuse, do you have the fuse chart that came with the car? its usually tucked into the spare tire tools.

Old 04-12-2014, 02:29 PM

do you have the fuse chart that came with the car? its usually tucked into the spare tire tools.
nope , i didnt even get the tools. i will try the battery. it acts like its not getting power , its dead no lights , no degree's. i got nada

Old 04-13-2014, 05:59 PM

Tried the batt , didnt work.The heat/ac unit does not show any numbers , no illumination , I got nothing. it worked before i started messing with the radio , so what erred this unit was my mishap. I can only see 1 hook up for wires on this unit. maybe i missing something? or possibly i have un-hooked other wires by mistake? I do not know , i def want to avoid the dealership. So im open to any ideas? I dont think its getting any power? there are 2 electrical plugs in that area , they both fit. I went back and tried the other one , and still no luck.