General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Driver's door electronics not functioning, '03 CL55

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 07:49 AM
Default Driver's door electronics not functioning, '03 CL55

New guy looking for some advice. I’m experiencing the infamous non-functioning door controls in my CL55. I’ve read through all the information I can find on the problem, so I thought I’d run it past you guys and see what experience I might gain.*

My initial symptom was that after getting in the car and closing the door, the driver’s side windows would not reseal after dropping down for the door to open. I could close them the rest of the way with the switch, but they normally wouldn’t close on their own. If I would open and close the door 10 times they may reseat once. After about a week of this all of the controls on the door stopped working. Seat adjustment, heating and cooling, window and mirror operation and trunk opening and closing stopped working. The soft close function of the door doesn’t work either. The rear window switches on the back of the center console don’t work. The door will still lock and unlock with the remote.*I was able to get the door to function for just a second by firmly moving the connector between the door and the body. I figured my problem must be a damaged wire so I took the door apart and disconnected the door control module. I pulled the wires completely out of the door and checked them all for damage. I couldn’t find any so I taped them all back up, ran them back into the door and put everything back together. I pulled the 40 amp fuse (f13 I think) for the door control and the one under the passenger rear seat for the air pump to reset things. Still no go. I can’t get into my indy until Wednesday to have the car put on STAR.*

I tried the “all close” feature by pressing and holding the interior circulation button on the HVAC controls. It made the driver’s side rear go up the rest of the way with the door shut. The driver’s side door window still does not move.

My module is OK, it has to be a fault somewhere else. Here's an interesting factoid. You can test a door control module by removing the one from the other door and plugging the suspect module into that door. I just did this with my driver's side module and it works on the passenger side. It moves the driver's seat from the passenger side of the car, but it works. I plugged the passenger side module in on the driver's side and got nothing. Now I have to figure out where the problem is. Any suggestions how to go about this? Any advice is greatly appreciated...