General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Benz dealers refusing to give part numbers - Options?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2022 | 05:42 PM
|
Angry Benz dealers refusing to give part numbers - Options?

My 2017 C300 stop playing the car radio (display shows fine. just no sound) and displaying the back up camera out of the blue. I haven't messed anything with the car except that the car had the regular maintenance service couple weeks ago.
I take the car to the local car radio repair shop for diagnosis and they tell me the Amplifier needs to be replaced. But they wouldn't know the exact OEM part so they ask me to find out from the dealer. Then I start calling the local Benz dealers and they all tell me it is against their company policy to share the part numbers. They would only give a cost estimate or put that in themselves. Obviously I'm not interested to take it to the dealership for service as their prices are about 300% more compared to the non-dealership options.
I even wonder if Benz dealership can legally refuse to give the Part numbers or if it's permitted under the State rules. I hope there's an alternate option. Please suggest as to what options has worked for you in a similar situation.