General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

89 300 te co2 converter?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Default 89 300 te co2 converter?

Hi, I recently have been slowly rebuilding my mercedes because I love it. It has always ran wonderfully the past 5 years I have owned it and since the past 7 months I'd say-things keep coming up. Recently I have replaced the entire engine to start what I thought would be a catch all investment to most car problems. Since then I have also replaced the alternator and the brain, the battery. I am still have issues sometime at extremely random times, getting it to start or stay running at a stop light. I read it could be the co2 converter? Is this a good lead.

It stalls sometimes when I brake for intersection. I can have a hard time starting it after that. Today I drove kids to school and it was fine but when I got back in the car, it wouldn't start at all. I tried a few times but did not want to flood the engine so I walked home. It makes the sound of the engine starting then stalls out. Any ideas what it could be, besides the engine and alternator. I also notice my heater stopped working a few weeks ago, don't know if this has any relations. Thanks. Mother of three, I need my car in reliable condition. Love my third row backward facing seat though. Don't want to part with it. I know I could have bought another car with the cost of the engine alone but I love my wagon and plan on keeping it.