General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

300SDL no dome light

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Default 300SDL no dome light

Hello,
The dome light does not come on when the front "doors" are opened. Dome light does work if I manually turn it on(does this rule out the fuse). I have read about people changing there seatbelt relay but they were for different models. I want to make sure the same buying a new SB relay is the fix I am, looking for before I take the plung. I thought the SB relay was at fault only if the the doem comes on for the passenger side and not the driver. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Aquaman
Edit/Delete Message

Old 12-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Default RE: 300SDL no dome light

Excuse my ignorance, but what does the SB relay have to do with the dome light? Did you change the bulb? Also the fuse, as it might not look, but could be corroded, clean the fuse holder, with some WD40 an the bulb holder. Also, and I just fixed a inside light problem yesterday. The door switch on the passenger side of my project car a 70 450SLC was stuck and when you opened the passenger door the inside lights did not go on. It is plastic so I rubbed some silicon spray on the push rod and worked it in and out and problem fixed. If all the above doesn't work, take out the door switch and see if the lead are OK, not broken or corroded, again use silicon on plastic parts, don't use WD40 as that will corrode them further. But again what does the seat belts have to do with the lights or did I miss something in your post? The seatbelt relay is for the buzzer and the light on the dash. I don't think it has anything to do with the dome light. Try the door switch first, as the bulb seems to be OK so the relay should be OK.