General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

300D Fuel Delivery Valve Leaking

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Default 300D Fuel Delivery Valve Leaking

Hello,

My car is a 1985 300D (W124) Euro model 6 cylinder non-turbo diesel. I recently developed a fuel leak at the injection pump from one of the fittings on top of the unit. There are six of them (one for each cylinder)......I believe these are called delivery valves? Please correct me if I am wrong. I was told that these were removable and that there are o-rings inside that need replacing. Looking at them, they have a splined portion which is used by metal brackets to hold them in place. The metal brackets are mounted to the injection pump with Torx screws. My questions are:

1) Are these fittings that go between the injection pump and metal line called delivery valves? If not, what is the correct name?
2) Can these delivery valves be removed and the o-rings be replaced? I assume that this should solve my leakage problem.
3) Are these delivery valves left or right handed threads? Any other special precautions I should take when performing this repair?
4) It also looks like I need a special wrench or socket to remove these delivery valves. Any recommendations on where I can buy one? I found a socket at this website (Tool #M0109).....Is this the correct tool?

http://www.technictool.com/merc.inj.pump-sockets.htm

I am mechanically inclined and I have worked on my own cars for years. However, all of my cars have been gas engines, and this is my first experience with a diesel. I am not familiar with the terminology of some of the part names or procedures, as this is a learning process for me at the same time! Any help/advice would greatly be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance
Alex.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Default RE: 300D Fuel Delivery Valve Leaking

Hi Alex, Did you ever get an answer to this?
I am having a similar problem, but I am not mechanically inclined and do not work on cars.
However, I like to try to be as informed as I can.
I was told by the dealer they'd have to replace the injection pump at the cost of $2500. I am trying to find another garage to take it to.
(My car is 1995 e300D)
Melli.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Default RE: 300D Fuel Delivery Valve Leaking

Wow, that's way above my pay grade! If you don't get any answers here, try http://www.schumanautomotive.com/forums/
Since you drive a euro 124 which, as far as I know, isn't available in the US,
I suggest posting the question under Schuman's 123 diesel section.