General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

2000 s500 key wont turn

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 12:05 PM

where is the fuse

Old 11-21-2010, 02:17 PM
rgh

Hello all,
I am new to this forum & am looking for a little advice. I have a 2004 C240 which has been parked in my garage for several months. Yesterday when I went to start it, it would not recognize the key. Nothing happens when I put it in the EIS. I have read that battery voltage may be the problem. I show 12.4 volts on my volt/ohm meter across the terminals. Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem?
Thanks.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:09 PM

This is one of those discussions that can go back and forth between the key/eis/or steering lock. Techs that don't have a good understanding of exactly how the system works can have a difficult time diagnosing. There are two guided tests that I feel need to be performed to accurately diag which specific component is the most likely to start with. If you only have one key you pretty much need to start with another key, unless it can be confirmed that the one key you have is good and sends a plausible DAS signal. Following the DAS signal is the correct way to go, usually checking to see which component is not sending DAS is a good starting point and either it is at fault or the component that should have relayed the signal may be.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:15 PM

hi all, I'm new to the forum, and I need your help, I have a mercedes s500 of 2000, recently had a front shock change Airmatic, everything turned out well, the car was tested by more than 1 hr in road test, in high and low all functions worked perfectly, then prosedi to pressure washer the engine, trying to turn it did something funny, when you rotate the key nothing happened, but to release the motor star, classic problems of conventional ignition switch, car was on for another hour, turn it off and made the mistake of leaving the key in the switch, going 1 hr, try powering it up and nothing happened, the key turns and turns all the lights, but the starter is not moves, check the starter and it works perfectly, my question is, has the s500 any blocking system leave the key in the ignition swich? the shift solenoid in the gearshift steerig lock was removed 1 year ago, for that reason I have tried all positioned himself without success, thanks in advance for your help

Last edited by cubanyero; 12-17-2010 at 05:25 PM.