Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, lighting effects and other exterior mods here.

AMG Bumper conversion on C Class Sedan W203!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Default AMG Bumper conversion on C Class Sedan W203!!!

I have a 2004 c230 Sedan (6 Speed) and I am converting my standard bumper into the C32 AMG and/or Sport model. I just purchased a used 2003 OEM C32 AMG front bumper. I am planning on painting the bumper, hood, side fenders because of our great Canadian Winters (Rocks, stone chips etc.)

I have searched the forums and the information is chattered but still gained a lot of information for this conversion. I have some questions and if anybody who is familiar and can assist me with the additional parts I am going to need would be greatly appreciated. Also anybody who has any personal recommendations and tips for the conversion would be sweet too! I have also purchased the three OEM metal grills for the front bumper too. (Left & Right & Centre Grill)

I Know that: (If I am not correct please let me know, this is what I know now from Bodyshop and forums etc.)

- I can use the same mouldings on the original bumper on the AMG front bumper
- I am planning on purchasing
- I Know that I need AMG bumper fog lights and they are not the same
- I need a new licence cover for the AMG front bumper?
- I am thinking of buying some aftermarket projector fog lights on eBay, does anybody have any experience using them? Because I don’t feel like paying $265.00 OEM headlights plus tax at Benz dealership (I purchased aftermarket black Depo headlights with 6000K HID and had them professionally installed and they work great, dim after 5 minutes as Canadian cars do, but still get Error messages)

I NEED TO KNOW:

- If I need the Bumper inner frame or can use the original? ($169.20)
- If I need the Left & Right bumper cushions? ($244.30 x-2) but can I use my own?
- Do I need a Centre Cushion? ($ 41.95)
- If I buy the aftermarket fog lights (Which looks like I am cause of $$) does the aftermarket fog lights are plug and play? Of course EBay says they are but you can believe everything on ebay.
- I am planning on installing the “3M Plastic Car Wrap” to protect the bumper and start of bumper, has anybody used this and does it last?
- I am still debating, but want to purchase the front bumper carbon lip, what is the best way to install? (Screws, two-way tape etc.)

Any info would be appreciated Thank You!!!!!