Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMG Bumper conversion. Answers needed on Parts!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Default AMG Bumper conversion. Answers needed on Parts!

I have a 2004 c230 Sedan (6 Speed) and I am converting my standard bumper into the C32 AMG and/or Sport model. I just purchased a used 2003 OEM C32 AMG front bumper. I am planning on painting the bumper, hood, side fenders because of our great Canadian Winters (Rocks, stone chips etc.)

I have searched the forums and the information is chattered but still gained a lot of information for this conversion. I have some questions and if anybody who is familiar and can assist me with the additional parts I am going to need would be greatly appreciated. Also anybody who has any personal recommendations and tips for the conversion would be sweet too! I have also purchased the three OEM metal grills for the front bumper too. (Left & Right & Centre Grill)

I Know that: (If I am not correct please let me know, this is what I know now from Bodyshop and forums etc.)

- I can use the same mouldings on the original bumper on the AMG front bumper
- I am planning on purchasing
- I Know that I need AMG bumper fog lights and they are not the same
- I need a new licence cover for the AMG front bumper?
- I am thinking of buying some aftermarket projector fog lights on eBay, does anybody have any experience using them? Because I don’t feel like paying $265.00 OEM headlights plus tax at Benz dealership (I purchased aftermarket black Depo headlights with 6000K HID and had them professionally installed and they work great, dim after 5 minutes as Canadian cars do, but still get Error messages)

I NEED TO KNOW:

- If I need the Bumper inner frame or can use the original? ($169.20)
- If I need the Left & Right bumper cushions? ($244.30 x-2) but can I use my own?
- Do I need a Centre Cushion? ($ 41.95)
- If I buy the aftermarket fog lights (Which looks like I am cause of $$) does the aftermarket fog lights are plug and play? Of course EBay says they are but you can believe everything on ebay.
- I am planning on installing the “3M Plastic Car Wrap” to protect the bumper and start of bumper, has anybody used this and does it last?
- I am still debating, but want to purchase the front bumper carbon lip, what is the best way to install? (Screws, two-way tape etc.)

Any info would be appreciated Thank You!!!!!

Old 07-19-2011, 01:24 PM

?????

Old 08-03-2011, 03:20 PM

?????

Old 08-23-2011, 05:59 AM

i have worked in an car accessories manufactory for 40 days. in my opinion,as long as the model and produce years are right, the AM products can fit your car perfectly. if you have any question, you can ask some Car modification shop for help. they can solve your problems.