Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

Texas heat is melting the apoxy holding on the bumper of my 83 300D!

Old 07-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Default Texas heat is melting the apoxy holding on the bumper of my 83 300D!

Hi all,

The sweltering heat is melting the apoxy on the front bumper rubber and causing it to sag. its still being held on be the supports on the edges of the bumper but looks terrible and is getting worse the more i drive it. is there a glue i can buy at a local auto parts store to glue it back myself or is a special type used that i need to order from MB?

ALSO: is there any way to increase performance while my AC is on? its so damn hot here and when i run the ac i practically go backwards when i hit the gas at a stoplight. im also thinking about installing a K&N air filter. will this help with the issue and is it just a good idea anyway? thanks so much!

Old 07-15-2011, 10:33 AM

If you want to run a K&N air filter, just pull the air filter off all together, and run without one it would be avbout the same thing, and a lot cheaper. As far as improving performance, check all of the obvious, fuel filters, air filter, grade of fuel and so on. If the engine dosen't have enough fuel, and/or can't breathe properly, it can't perform. A clean STOCK air filter is plenty adequate, after all it was designed to operate that particular engine, provided you haven't done any aftermarket modifications that would cause it to need more air than it normally would