Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

Reports on conversions

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 01:55 AM
Default Reports on conversions

Those of you with MB 300 SDs (or others I suppose) who have converted to WVO/SVO systems, please list your experiences here. I am going to convert but am still in the process of decided with who. Choices include Lovecraft, GreenBenz, Greasel, Frybrid, etc. If the folks who have MBs and can share experiences--problems, miles, make of conversion, etc-- here, I (and doubtless others like me) will be very grateful.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Default RE: Reports on conversions

I'm very happy with my Lovecraft conversion. They do a great job and are very helpful with questions post-conversion. I do live in LA, so the one tank is not a problem here.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:15 PM

lovecraft sucks ***** and the owner is a psycho.

Old 11-07-2006, 02:42 PM

I installed a GreaseCar system in my 79 300D. Their kit is inexpensive and well put together. Their service after the sale was very good. I put it in service on Memorial Day. Not being a mechanic, I had some trouble with the instructions, but was able to get it installed by myself in two weekends with the help of long breaks with my reading glasses on. It has run well for me. The only addition I made was to add a vegtherm electric heater just before the injection pump. I have a short drive to work and I wasn't heating the oil enough to make it all worthwhile. I added an in-line temp gauge right after the inline filter/heater to let me know when the oil was hot enough- to allow me to turn off the veg therm. I am seeing some crystalization in the oil tank, but again, I don't pump a large volume of oil through the system- 10 gallons a week. I also had to change out the windshield washer reservoir to the space saving style- available at your local junk yard or parts store. I just purchased a Grease-On system (Mercedes Source) for the 300CD I just purchased. I like the finished look of their components.