Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

Reman Bosch Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Default Reman Bosch Injectors

Howdy folks, just bought an 87 300d turbo a couple weeks ago, had to drive 150 miles to bring it home on the way my wife followed me in our other car she said it was smoking all the time and badly when pulling a hill. So I jerked the injectors out and took them to a local diesel shop, they told me the pop pressures were all over the place and the nozzles needed replacing because the spray pattern sucked. they wanted $83 each to rebuild them with genuine Bosch nozzles which had to be ordered out of Canada. So I went online and found the Reman Bosch units for $43 and thought what a bargain and ordered them immediately and installed them. I haven't sent my cores back yet. I have a loud Knock at idle that goes away above 1200 RPM or so and when the engine is fully warmed up is pretty much non-existent.. yet when cold at idle it's loud enough for you to wonder if something is going to break. It did this with the old injectors too, could it just be injector hammer or maybe timing chain related? I have all the service records none indicate the chain being replaced it now has 149k the previous owner said he had a mechaninc check it out and they told him it was tight and recommended not to replace it yet?? After looking at a couple of sites I see the Bosch reman injectors are crap, should I call the place I ordered them from and see if I can return them and just have my originals rebuilt locally with new nozzles??? they probably won't take them back since I already installed them. Nervous as He** in Iowa. Thanks