Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

Newbie here, just wanted to say hi

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 04:28 AM
Default Newbie here, just wanted to say hi

Hello everyone! I just wanted to send out a quick hello. I just bought my first MB 3 days ago. For those interested, here's the story...
I was actually out looking for a used Bronco, and was hitting up the small used car dealerships nearby. On the way home my girlfriend and I decided to check out another lot real quick even though it was getting dark. I saw this 1984 300SD sitting there and it was love at first sight. The guy who owned the dealership was getting ready to close up shop for the night and I told him that I would just come back in the morning to look at it, but he insisted that I go at least sit in it and start it up, so I did. We played around with it for a bit to see that everything worked, and started talking price. The tag said $3000 but it had recently gone down to $2350. I ended up getting him down to $2000 out the door. We agreed to meet again the next day. I went back and took it out on a test drive (to my girlfriend's dad's house, who was a diesel mechanic in the Army for 25+ years) and he told me if I didn't buy the car he was going to. Needless to say, I bought it. Just as I thought I was getting the best deal in the world, the dealer offered me $1000 trade-in for my 1988 Chrysler LeBaron turbo convertible (which I bought almost 3 years ago for $1000.) I was ecstatic! MB has 238k miles and still runs like new! The body and interior are in great condition for it's age.
I absolutely LOVE this car, as I'm sure most of you can relate. I am definately looking forward to the endless number of miles this amazing vehicle will surely endure.
Anyway, sorry I kind of rambled. I am just very excited about this car, and am also very happy to now be a part of this online community of fellow MB owners/fans.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Newbie here, just wanted to say hi

Good for you man!