Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

Need 2 unlock steering wheel 2 turn key any advice??

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Default Need 2 unlock steering wheel 2 turn key any advice??

just bout a 79 turbo diesel 300sd with an 85 engine n it the car purrs like a champ BUT since i brought it hm and parked i left the wheels straight and now the steering wheel locked on me and i can no longer turn the key and am afraid i will break the key if i try 2 force ive already lubed it with graphite whaz told "tephlon spray" would do the trick but dnt knw where im supposed to use it, on the steering column in the key switch??? any advice?? also looking to switch over 2 bio and or vegetable oil currently reside in sacramento any advice on gd work truly looking 2 invest n2 my 300 sd all advice welcome but please help me turn the key again thanx and GOD bless...LordsGymBxr

Old 02-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Lightbulb Try This....

Try turning the steering wheel a bit to the left and then try turning the key. If this doesn't help try turning the steering wheel a bit to the right and try turning the key again. If this doesn't help you may need an automotive locksmith to bail you out.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:34 PM

Do not spray a liquid spray in any lock mechanism. Use graphite only. Anything else will attract dirt into the mechanism. If wiggling the key while rocking the wheel back and forth doesn't do it, you will need a locksmith.

As for your plans to convert the car to WVO, please don't. Do a search in this thread and take some time to educate yourself on all the reasons you shouldn't do this.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Lightbulb Scrap WVO, Make Biodiesel Instead

Learn to brew your own biodiesel through the process known as transesterification. When done properly this is the best way to run an alternative fuel (methyl esters) in your engine AND it does not require any modification of the engine. The two most important things to keep in mind are (1) Learn the biodiesel science well and then follow it diligently (2) Filter, filter, filter your biodiesel before running it in your car.