Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

nasty oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 01:46 AM

He said the shop replaced the origional Plastic Tube with a Fuel Hose. When they did that with out informing him and giving him a choice to say no;they made themselves responsible.

That shop also stupidly made a poor choice of Hose to use. If they had used hose that could stand the pressure and heat this thread would most likely not be here.

Also do not worry about missing 1 Payment on your House. Depending on your States Law they cannot forclose on your House for 1 year. Meaning they cannot move you out.

They can however charge interest on the late payment.
I would let your Mortgage Holder know what is going on. They would rather keep you in the house than for it to go on the market.

In my state it costs about $80 to start a Law Suite. Businesses do not like to loose time off of the job to have to go to court. Because of this a lot of times the real threat of a Law Suite cases them to come to some sort of an agreement.
If they do not show up at court you will get what you ask for or what the Cout believes is resonable.
But, I they have a Lawyer they can delay the court date.

It is tuough with the trouble you are having right now to decide what to do. I my State you have 1 years time in which to decide to file a Law Suite. So I would at least find out how long you have in your State to file.

Other methods to get money form them would be to get a permit to picket in front of their place of business. That might not help you but would cost them to lose a load of money. But, you have to be entirely truthful.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:15 PM

So, I went up and talked to the mechanic that worked on my car instead of the owner and he came over to my house on his own time and had it running in less than two minutes.
Previously, I had replaced all the oil with Delo and Lube Molly, charger the battery, cleaned and replaced connections. With a few sprays of starter fluid it fired up but ran like an 80 year old Johnny Popper. After two minutes it smoothed out a lot. He ran the accelerator line fast for a moment and a ton of black crud came blowing out. after that it idled very nicely. I killed it and waited a few minuted and fired it right back up again smoothly. I have yet to change the oil once again before running it again. I have new glow plugs and wires, possibly a regulator if needed.
These German diesels are something else.