Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

mr

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 04:30 AM
Talking mr

I have sprinter 413 cdi 2001 model.It had no power and I had replaced injectors and turbo, but still it doesnt have power. Please help.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:30 PM

I can only speak of Diesel Engines in general.

The first suspect in a loss of power is the Fuel Filters being plugged by contaminated Fuel of if the Filters simply have been in service for a very long time.

If you cut open a Fuel Filter and it has blackish gray slimey stuff in it you have something growing inside of your Fuel Tank. Something like Startron with an enzyme will kill the organizms and break up the dead bodies in to small enough parts so that they can pass through your Filters. Howeve, they might take a while so I would be prepared to do some Filter Changes on the Road side until the problem is over with.

After that it could be a failure of what supplies the Fuel (Fuel Supply/Lift Pump) to the Fuel Injection System.

A Fuel Tank that has a plugged or restricted venting system can make it hard for the Fuel Supply Pump to get the Fuel into the Fuel Injection System.

If the Throttle linkages are out of adjustment they may not be allowing the Throttle Lever to be in the proper position to give it enoug fuel.

As far as the above stuff or anything else on the car; troubleshooting by replacing parts is going to get frustrating and expensive.

Find some way to get a hold of a Service Manual that will tell you how to test and check things so you know what needs replacing.

As an example the Boost pressure in your intake manifold could have been taken to see if the Turbo Charger was functioning.

Also you need to give more details in you post so that you can get a better answer.

Somethings like when you are having the loss of power.
As an example; a loss of power when you first step on the Accelerator Pedal is not going to be caused by the Turbo Charger.
Also do you have any computer codes showing up indicating that something is wrong?