Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

Help me debunk another FREE energy fairy!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Default Help me debunk another FREE energy fairy!

Ran into another fuel additive salesrep pitching

XFT

Told me would pay me $100 if I could debunk his product, u know, typical crap:
It helps atomization
It reduces carbon
Lowers fuel temps/burn rate
Doubles mileage
Prolongs engine life
Has a fuel detergent
Creates longer cylinder burn rate

When he told me NASA was using it that's when I bet him $100 it was bull****!

Last edited by ForcedInduction; 09-15-2011 at 09:02 PM. Reason: - link
Old 09-15-2011, 10:59 AM

OK, so go ahead and debunk - don't give this stuff a forum here.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by 85300td
Told me would pay me $100 if I could debunk his product,**!
You can't debunk his product. THese people live in a world where the laws of physics are just just theories and myths. I don't don't think they are con men. THey actually believe this crap.

Offer him $200 if he can prove any of his claims.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:25 AM

Your right regarding their lunacy. I grabbed a hold of data supplied from someone who grabbed their MSDS sheet and posted the following:

However, you have to look at their MSDS sheet to get a clue as to what they are doing. I have also posted it on the bottom as well.

XFT

On the surface, it is hard to understand what is in it as they have proprietary and trade secret on the content area which stops most people.

First of all they mention in section II the following:

Proprietary OIL compound NA Trade Secret
Proprietary Compound NA Trade Secret
Proprietary Compound II NA Trade Secret
Proprietary Distillate NA Trade Secret
Proprietary Solvent NA Trade Secret

Section III

Gives us a little more info on the 6.88 specific gravity. So if water is 8.34 lbs per gallon at 60 deg F we know it is lighter than water therefore is some kind of oil.

Section IV

It has a flash point of 164 deg F (P.M.C.C.) That is Pensky Martin Closed Cup method of obtaining flash point. So it is combustible and has a relatively high flash for a fuel additive. Again we know this is an oil based material due to this info.

However, if you read their other portions of the MSDS (Section VI) you can determine some of the contents that they have.

"This proprietary AMINE compound is a mild eye irritant." Amino acids combine under heat with copper and vanadium to produce gum and varnish. Yes aminos help clean varnish off the injectors but then puts it right back on in the combustion cycle.

Here we see the first inclination that we are right that it is an oil by the Napthenic Oil (causing skin and eye irritation). This is a lower BTU Light cycle type oil that is generally a carrier of another compound that would be the active ingredient in the product. I would say that the oil is in the 80% range anyway.

Now for one of the active ingredients: Hexahydro- 1,3,5-triethyl-s-triazine which is a biocide/bacteriacide additive. Triazine is the chemical species of six-membered heterocyclic ring compound with three nitrogens replacing carbon-hydrogen units in the benzene ring structure. The names of the three isomers indicate which of the carbon-hydrogen units on the benzene ring position of the molecule have been replaced by nitrogens, called 1,2,3-triazine, 1,2,4-triazine, and 1,3,5-triazine respectively.

Triazine compounds are used in formulating bactericide and fungicide. They are used as preservatives in oil field applications. They are used as disinfectant, industrial deodorant and biocide in water treatment. They are used as a bleaching agent.

The amine compound would be Cyclotrimethylenetrinitramine also known as RDX for the ignition compound.

This is commonly as RDX. RDX, which also goes by cyclonite, is a white crystalline solid that has been used extensively in military munitions formulations since 1965. When it burns, it leaves residues in the cylinder bores that are not converted.

RDX exerts its primary toxic effect on the central nervous system (CNS) of humans. This is very dangerous stuff!

Chronic or subchronic exposure to RDX by inhalation is characterized by generalized convulsions headaches, nausea, vomiting, and unconsciousness. Seizures may be followed by temporary amnesia, disorientation, and weakness. RDX ends up in the kidneys, followed by the brain, heart, and liver.

Not exactly a green product! By what else I have found about their materials, they claim some kind of benefits in combustion, but when I look at all their data and review the distillation curves they actually lower the IBP or initial boiling point by only 1 degree, raise output by only 1 degree in mid point (50%) and lower it at end point 98% compared to baseline fuels. This doesn't really give you any appreciable gain in anything!

Also the fact that they put the same materials in gasoline and diesel fuel really is a red flag here. The compression ratios of our cars are in the 9.6 to 10.5 to 1 ratio and diesel is in the 17.0 to 22.1 range. You should never be able to use the same product in either type engine. Talk about BS!

I have spent some time looking at their data and frankly, there is really nothing here but another snake oil marketing company trying to put out a product that is 80% carrier with 3% to 5% active ingredients using the Green banner......which is popular these days while incorporating technology that is almost 46 years old. I wouldn't touch that stuff without gloves and certainly would not breath it having RDX in it for sure!

Registered it is, but effective only in lining the pockets of those who are selling it.

It was pretty hard to get a copy of the MSDS, so I had to work it out of that format to get it clear to read for everyone!

---------------------------
I supplied the sales Rep with the following and he told me I was crazy!

Last edited by ForcedInduction; 09-17-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:11 PM

For the record, I have never in my life used any type of fuel additives. Further, my intentions are not to mock any who do or feel otherwise.