Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

Diesel Fuel Additives...your opinion!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 09:14 AM

Forcedinduction: Your confussing facts with your opinion.
The only lubricant my pump has is from the fuel, the only part recieving engine oil is the drive gear at the timming chain.87 300D Lubricity was a issue when the first 15ppm or less sulfur came out. Now fuel company's add it. Adding to injector cleaners can help a dirty system perforomance & MPG wise. I do agree a lot make false claims, but the lube issuies may take many miles and year to see results good or bad

Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by ForcedInduction
Sorry lwbrewer, your information is completely false and inaccurate. The pump on your 87 300D is in FACT lubricated by the engine oil and has never had an issue with fuel.

Here is another FACT: Sulfur has nothing to do with how the fuel lubricates, it is just a natural component of Diesel fuel. Lack of sulfur is not what reduces lubricity, the process of removing the sulfur is the cause.
Your posts are usely very good and helpfull, but you miss quoted me. I stated that the first less than 15ppm fuel had less lubrication. I did not state sulfur did or did not. My writing skills may be poor, but to state a fact you need to reference it from something, or it is a opinion or plagerisim. I'll have to get my cd's out and check on the pumps oiling. Just looking at it their are no external oil lines, and were it bolts to the block it can slide which could cause leakage. I find it hard to believe but not impossible.