Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

1985 300sd NO POWER will not rev Bad lift pump? need help!

Old 05-23-2014, 05:03 PM

Ok how do I post a video?

Old 06-18-2014, 02:35 PM

Hey guys I havent got the chance to work on the 300 lately but heres the link to my youtube video. sorry about the poor cell phone quality video. Should I do an injector purge to try and clean them out? Any help as to what I need to do is greatly appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LX-xniFYE0

Old 06-18-2014, 05:11 PM

I just had the crankcase vent hose stuck in the crankcase fill and ran back down to the ground so I could work on it with the breather off. That hasn't always been like that just temporary.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:32 PM

Yeah I already cranked the alda screw all the way out til it stops. Helped a little but not l very much. The Alda tamper proof cap was still on the Alda when I got the car. I've cleaned all the banjo's,lines etc. The car starts great hadnt been started in weeks and it just fires right up first crank? Kinda got me puzzled. I do believe the car has 10w30 gasser oil in it which I plan to change before it leaves the garage for sure.

Old 06-19-2014, 12:21 PM

When you say checked be turbo for resctrictions what do you mean? Like the inplay on the shaft and make sure the wheel hasn't locked up? And I was actually thinking maybe the cats are stopped up I'm going to chop those off next time I'm working on it.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:15 PM

Alright. What are the two round things that the exhaust runs through before the back tires before the muffler on the rear of the car? I always cut that off just haven't yet on this one.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:03 PM

Ok I may have figured out a lot of the problem,one of those silly little problems that you feel like you should've checked first..lol the throttle linkage was out of adjustment pretty bad. Still doesn't seem exactly right,I'm going to straight pipe the exhaust tomorrow and I think that will finish it up. Here's a before rev and after let me know what you think thanks

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GzmUtiG5Wn4 before

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yfFrTrpMXTk after

Old 06-22-2014, 02:55 AM

Alright man I appreciate the help. I'm going to work on it a lot tomorrow and ill get back with you after I take it for a test drive. Thanks

Old 06-22-2014, 02:57 AM

Also kind of off subject but I'm going to work on my other 300 tomorrow also,is there any other things I can do to add power other than adjust the Alda all the way out and clean the banjo fittings? Is there a way to turn the fuel up a little? It barely smokes at all.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:39 PM

hey guys so I changed the injectors out with some out of 6cyl mercedes diesel hopefully this is my problem and now trying to get the air out of te system.
Also going to remove the ALDA and see if this helps.

What is the easiest best way to bleed the air out of the fuel system?
When I pump the primer trying to get fuel up to my injectors I hear this squeaking sound is this normal? It's moving fuel just didnt know if the sound is normal. Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1985 300sd NO POWER will not rev Bad lift pump? need help!