Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

how to keep your interior in showroom condition

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 06:21 AM
Default how to keep your interior in showroom condition

Mcguiers leather wipes are the most helpful tool for maintaining immaculet leather interior. the wipes rejuvenate and repair minor scratches in leather.Mcguiers leather wipes give a professional look without having your car detailed. do not buy the squeeze bottle it is not nearly as effective. i also prefer mothers back to black plastic and molding cleaner, it actually brightens the plastic back to its original color. unlike armorol,which tends to work temporarily and in time turns plastic grey, and also causes it to collect a white residue. When cleaning your wood veneers, do not use any type of cleaner with luster.The residue from the cleaner tends to absorb into the veneer itself causing it to become overly glossy. which makes them more susceptable to aging, wear and cracking.The sun is also another contributing factor.to clean your veneers i recomend a small polishing cloth. its also a good idea to keep your sun shades up on a warm sunny day to prevent the velvet door linning from discoloring. If your floor mats become soiled, try diluting regular car appolstery cleaner with a small amount of water.That way it does not remove any dye from the floor mats while you are rubbing spots out. after removing the stains vacuum the mats top to bottom twice. small vacuum extensions tend to leave a more professional apparence. i recomend purchasing at least two extensions, if you do not have any lying around. One narrow extension wand, for crevices and underneath seats. one bristled wand, for removing lint,pet hair,dust,dirt ect . After using all these tips your car should be noticeably cleaner,fresher and years younger inside.if you want your brand new mercedes staying in mint condition, i also advise you to try a few of these methods,even though some of them might not be needed in a new car. REMEMBER YOU SHOULD ALWAYS TEST A CLEANING PRODUCT IN A SMALL UNNOTICEABLE AREA FIRST,JUST TO BE SURE IT DOES NOT REACT STRANGELY WITH ANY APULSTRY OR SURFACES.i have now told you all my techniques on keeping my mercedes in showroom condition. I hope you find them helpful and affective for maintaining yours. if you have any questions feel free to message me. good luck.

Old 10-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: how to keep your interior in showroom condition

Nice car!