Noise when closing and opening doors!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 08:57 AM
Default Noise when closing and opening doors!!

Hi

Has anyone any ideas what is wrong with my little Buggie. My little 1999 A class has developed a whirring pump type noise when I open or when I close any door. I think it is something to do with the unit in the boot. Everything else seems to be working fine and this noise does stop after about 10 seconds. Does any one know what is wrong and how much it is going to cost

Thanks in anticipation

Sue

Old 01-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Default RE: Noise when closing and opening doors!!

Hi, as the doors lock themselves after you get in the car, when you stop and open a door (from inside) the central locking will unlock all doors, tailgate and petrol filler. It sounds like either the c/l units for either the petrol filler flap or the tailgate are 'cycling' - this could be due to dirt or corrosion build up. Check the appearance of both by openingboth apertures with the car stationary and engine off. Press the c/locking button on the dash. A bar across the latch of the filler cap apertureshould shoot out and also there should be something similar in either the latch on the tailgate or the corresponding latch on the rear inside sill of the boot. Get someone else to press the button and look at both in turn to see if there is a build up of dirt.

If everything looks normal it could be down to damp or a minor electrical fault (e.g. a loose connection). Shouldn't be too expensive to sort out.