Wheels/Tires Need custom rims? Have a tire question? Come in and let's talk.

Winter tires or all-season tires?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 07:55 PM
ERF
Default Winter tires or all-season tires?

I purchased an AMG E53 in September with the 20" wheel package with summer tires. I'm trying to decide whether to go for winter tires or all-season tires, including whether to swap out the wheels altogether for the season. I live in the Washington, DC area.

Does anyone have a strong view on whether all-season tires year-round is adequate? I don't mind the hassle of swapping out tires if there's a significant difference between the winter tires and all-season tires.

I appreciate any feedback.

Evan

Old 01-19-2021, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by ERF
I purchased an AMG E53 in September with the 20" wheel package with summer tires. I'm trying to decide whether to go for winter tires or all-season tires, including whether to swap out the wheels altogether for the season. I live in the Washington, DC area.

Does anyone have a strong view on whether all-season tires year-round is adequate? I don't mind the hassle of swapping out tires if there's a significant difference between the winter tires and all-season tires.

I appreciate any feedback.

Evan
Winter tires are MUCH better once the avg temp drops below 40 degrees. If you have the room and the wallet, that is the way to go for sure. The flip side is we don't have a ton of snow here on average, and if you can make it through until the summer tires wear out, all-season tires are perfectly adequate for this area. Suggest Continental DWS06 or Michelin A/S 4's.