Wheels/Tires Need custom rims? Have a tire question? Come in and let's talk.

c350 4matic, correct tire pressure

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 08:43 AM
Default c350 4matic, correct tire pressure

Hi, can anyone help me determine the recommended normal load tire pressure for a 2010 c350 4matic with 18inch rims?
All my car says is MAX, 35 front, 38 rear...but that feels high to me and it is "max".

If anyone has a 2008-2010 c350 4matic (w/ 18inch rims), could you let me know what you are running at? Also, does the sticker on your door pannel give you a recommended tire pressure for "normal load"?

Much appreciated!

Old 10-01-2009, 04:59 AM

I dont have the exact figures, but yes I can help you .
Been busy with recalculating tire-pressure with use of the formula the car-manufacturars also use .
below this reaction a copy of my reaction to another topic on this forum.
For the normal advice-pressures you can weigh the seperate car-axles loaded as you want it and add about 15% for extra.
Also you can use my dutch excell-form, it gives an estimation of how the empty weigt is devided between front and rear-axle.
If you can figure out how it works, you can virtualy load the car with the driver, co-driver of zero to 80kilo and in the back 1 person of zero to 80kg placed from totaly left to totaly right.
and some lugage of zero to 40 kg, placed in the trunk.
you can fill in in LBS, then the answers are also in LBS.
dont use the pressure part then but fill twice the heavyest wheel on each axle in at the form I described below here. the link to my Dutch spreadsheet is this.
http://cid-a526e0eee092e6dc.skydrive...andendruk-spel
If you think you have use for it, I will translate it to Englisch, but that would take a while because there is a lot of Dutch text in it.
Now here the copy of the other Sheet.

I have been busy with tire-pressure since 2007.
Got hold of a copy with formula the car manufacturers use to determine the advice-pressures on the stikker of the car, and learned myself Excell, to make spreadsheets for tire-pressure.
Found a way to calculate the weights back that where used for the normal-use- advice-pressures and introduced myself the load-factor.
Last spreadsheet is one to recalculate advice-pressures for non OEM tires.
Translated it to Englisch (from Dutch so sorry for mis-spellings and wrong terms)
http://cid-a526e0eee092e6dc.skydrive...0tyre-pressure
in this map always take the newest version and there are examples placed too.

Mayby you can have use for my spreadsheet, and if there are Questions, for instance about load-factor or camber-angle , ask me.

Needed from the car.
1. Maximum axle-loads front and behind.
2. maximum speed of the car
3. the advice pressures on the stikker wich belong to the individual car.

4. when above 2 degrees the camber-angle

Needed from the tires: example 195/65 R 15 XL 95 T
1. Maximum load of the tires ( KG, LBS, or Load-index, in example 95)
2. reference pressure or kind of tire. ( not the maximum pressure, in example XL stands for Extra load and has reference pressure of 2.9 bar)
3. Maximum permissable speed of the tire.( in example T stands for max 190km/h)