For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Tried to sell my 300e 2x’s on ebay motors

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Default Tried to sell my 300e 2x’s on ebay motors

Using their buy-it-now (B.I.N.) and both times a scammer bought it. The last pro sent me a real deal looking check too. So I posted all his/her emails, the check and all the follow-ups on trying to get me to send the shipper money from the check sent to me.

It’s too funny and you can see it at fbaymotors….com ( with video of the car I was selling).
Enjoy
fbaymotors is the grade they get for their BIN feature

Old 01-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Tried to sell my 300e 2x’s on ebay motors

I don't understand people. Obviously the check has to be cleared by the bank before shipping, so if it isn't a real check then what they're doing is really wasting your time. I had one guy say (when trying selling my 190D)he wanted to send the car over to Britain for some customer and that he was willing to pay twice as much as I wanted plus shipping. So I played his talk game, but he never sent the check. And there was also a few Nigerian guys trying to pull a scam at the same time. But they make it so obvious... just like the fake PayPal emails that send you to a fake PayPal web address with the poor spelling or wording and ask you to log in. That actually may fool some newb using the internet though...

Old 01-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Tried to sell my 300e 2x’s on ebay motors

What you really need to do to protect yourselfis to not accept checks, wires, certified bankchecks, money orders, or money grams. Only cash in person or PayPal. Then post this in your ad:

Terms of agreement (for vehicle sales)[/b]

$500 non-refundable payment is due within 3 days of the auction's close. Please pay the full remaining balance less the initial $500withinseven days of auction ending unless stated. By being the winning bidder, you agree to the following terms of agreement: Non paying bidders, bidders who do notpay theremaining balance within 7 days of auction closingand winning bidder cancellations will be subject to a non-refundable $300 fee payable via PayPal that is instated after three days from the auctions end. This fee covers the ad, personal time, and inventory turnover fees. Items won’t be shipped (when offered) to late payers until the 3 day late fee is sent along with the remaining balance. The winning bidder 1. Is at least 18 years of age 2. Had the mental capacity required for contractual agreement at the time of viewing the ad, bidding, winning and transferring currency 3. Has the full ability to pay for merchandise won 4. Is the respectful owner of the winning bidder’s eBay and or PayPal account. Buyers with a feedback rating of less than3 or 85% contact me prior to bidding on my merchandise as your bid may be cancelled without notice. Buyer reserves the right to end the auction early for local sale. After payment has been cleared the items will be shipped via USPS or UPS if offered as a shipping method. Items are usually always shipped within 24 hours. Buyer has no control that shipping facilities are not open on the weekends/holidays or over shipping times. Items will be insured if buyer requests at an additional cost. Tracking number isusually issued on shipped packages andmay beavailable at the customer’s request. Allmerchandiseare sold as-is with no expressed or implied warranties on merchandiseor ad claimsunless stated directly in handwriting. International buyers are not offered a return policy as any declared on the ad are for domestic (USA) citizens in the lower 48 states. Buyer is responsible for any return shipping.
-Individuals purposely or intending to scam and or commit any act of fraudulent activity in this transaction agree to pay the seller; $5000 cash, the cost of the merchandise whether or notthe merchandise has exchanged hands, and all lawyer, counseling, physical therapy, attorney, or any other feesthat may be involved. (If you’re an honest person this does not apply to you)-