For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale 79 Mercedes Benz 300SD

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 05:45 AM
Default For Sale 79 Mercedes Benz 300SD

Features:

Legendary 5cyl Turbo Diesel Engine
Rear Wheel Drive
Climate control system
Automatic transmission
Tires have over 50% tread left
Power windows
Rear defroster
Power Sun Roof
Power Steering

3-owner car. 1st owner owned it from new till 2006 (when he could no longer drive). It was loved and religiously maintained
at EuroTech in Winter Park. They have service records going back to 1982 with over $40k worth of work done to it. There was
no expense spared in its upkeep and it shows clearly.

The car runs and drives excellent. Only 278k miles. This is not a "restored" car. Its been on the road all its life and
the benz diesels are legendary for being Million Milers, and this car has many many more miles to go.
Very well maintained Florida Car and it shows. I've seen Benzes 20 year newer that don't look or drive as well.
There are some really minor visual blemishes, but you'd have to look really hard to find them.

A fine example of the pinnace of automotbile engineering in it's day, all the chrome still shines. The finishing on this vehicle
is still marvellous.

The bads are typical of these cars. Jumpy fuel guage and tachometer. Little play in the steering, which a new steering coupler
will easily fix. Rear passenger power window doesn't work. The Power window relugator teeth are a little work for the read Driver
side window and front passenger side window, so they need a little help on the way up. There is a small leak in the A/C so at
summer time you'll have to top off freon, but it does work!

Really minimal stuff given that it's a 33 year old car. It gets lots of attention wherever it's driven, and being a diesel means
it also gets great fuel economy for a car this size.

The car drives beautifully on the highway and I've driven it back and forth on long trips many times.

This is a very rare find and the kind of car that can surpass the longevity of most cars on the road today. Looking for a new home
where the car will be loved and appreciated as much as I do. Kind'o forced to sell as it is an extra car and our family is growing.

One of the other benefits of this car is, lower registration cost and insurance cost since it's an antique. I currently have
bumper to bumper insurance on it costing me only approx $80 for every six months. The insurance company has set it's replacement
cost at $15k. Asking $5200.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:34 AM

Hi! Photos might not show up properly in my original post so here's a link to the public album:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1035092...9/MercedesBenz

Thanks.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:47 AM

Oh, sorry for causing a confusion. I am actually making this post on behalf of my boss. I am an online executive assistant to a resident of Florida. Hope this clears things up.