For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale 560SEL

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: For Sale 560SEL and 300SDL

Oh yeah. It's one thing to sit in class for an hour or two talking about it and looking at photos and another thing to actually be in the real thing. You can walk out side your home in some places and sitting on top of the hill is some big old castle just the way it was since the medievlal days. Then they have museums all over that tells the history of most of the cities, who found them and how it got it's name, and other interesting facts that you will not really find in no American school history book. I can't describe half the stuff I've seen so far. It's real interesting.

On a side note, 90% of the buses are even benzes, but I haven't seen one BMW put to public transportation use besides police motorcycles. And take note, if the cops want to catch you they will. First of all there are hardly any police on the autobahn but you have cameras in the few speed limit zones and the city streets. And if they must chase you down, they will use their patrol cars and if that's not enough, you might end up having a Porsche 911 twin turbo on ya tail, or if you lucky (in Italy) a Lambo. If it gets to that point forwarned, you are going to jail, lose your liscense, and the jails here make the American ones seem like cake walk and it don't help if you don't understand a word they are saying.

Old 02-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah I would really like to spend about 5 years touring all of Europe. Everytime I think about it i wonder y i am sitting here on my *** after i am finshed college for the day when when i should be out trying to maek more money so this can one day come true.

Sounds like you have a 1st hand knowledge about jails in Europe. lol

Old 02-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Not yet. But some of my wilder friends have and after that they said they would take American jail anytime over one of those jails.

I believe if you want something, you can have it, you just sometimes have to work a little harder and or make a sacrifce to get it whether it be time or money. Just as you sacrificed a little money to buy a car and get enjoyment from that car. I always wanted to travel the world, buy a Mercedes 560SEL and a BMW 7 series E23 since I was 5 years old. Of course they told me I was nuts since those cars cost over $65,000 in those days. But I knew the price would drop and I wanted one. I took a different route than most people have but that's my sacrifice I had to make to get what I want and work on things that I want and things that I will want. I'm only 21 and seen more of the world than some people will ever see in their lives. And it's sad that I know people that never been outside there home city before and or some people that only see the rest of the world through the TV news. The News tend to focus on the ery bad stuff because positive stuff on TV is bad for ratings. You have to see for yourself and you'll realize that you don't need no television to show you how the world is because you been there and you'll know the real truth. And being in the military specially have it's advantage during this time of war in finding out the truth. Especially when you looking at your co-workers lined up in rooms missing limbs and various other parts telling you how it was over there. But some people don't want to know the truth because it goes against what the TV told them. Anyways that's a different monster. All I'm saying is dreams are meant ot come true if you want them to. Watch, you'll have that C36 on the Autobahn one day.

Old 02-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah I am only 20 i have only been out of the country once so far and that was Mexico but i have been to over 40 states and i know people that have not been in more than 5 or six. About the war i have a cousin that was in Iraq and he was proud to have gone but he has two children and decided not to re-enlist after being in for 9 years cause he could not think of the idea of them growing up with out their father. The military had crossed my once or twice but like everyone i know told me that i have too much of a questioning nature and don't take orders well if i can't see a reason behind it. Not to mention I don't think i would pass the phyical cause i have a cold temperature intolerence (i lost my thyroid to cancer when i was 16).

Old 02-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

well the cold is the last thing you have worry about in the desert that is until the sun goes down and it's 65 degrees. After being in the 115 degrees sun, 65-70 feel like it's about to snow. I'm sorry to hear about your thyroid.
Yeah you are right. It's nearly impossible to have a questioning nature and make it in the military. In a way, that may be the problem with the military today and the root to most of the negative image and negative things that has been done. I'm not saying that and E-1 should just curse out his E-6 just because he disagreed with an order but there is a way of asking with respect. I think that it builds better units and better guidelines when soldiers just can ask questions when they just don't understand the reason. Most people will do it and gladly do sensible orders if they knew the reason and that reason becomes the reason that you are doing what you are doing. Instead of going in not knowing what's the point. That messes up morale, builds tension, which can be dangerous and is a danger on the battlefield when all that really matters life or death.
About your cousin, he made his sacrifice for his country and he deserves to be a father to his children undisturbed. The thing that most people seem to find funny is that some people that serve in the sand box are willing and some are itching to go back. I asked and they gave me numerous reasons, but the one thing the responses had in common is that there is a lot more to it than what is shown on TV, (because the positive is bad for ratings as they say). One day, since I will be in for at least a total of nine, I'll probably end up in the sand box (whether it be Iraq or Iran or what other middle eats country) and in no way will I try to get out of it and I will return with that experience added to the rest of them as another story to tell my grand kids about my world travels.

And another thing, I've seen some people with no home training at all turn into soldiers after basic training. And of course some of them didn't make it because they couldn't adjust. But in reality no matter what you get into there will always be Points of Authority whether it be the SGT or Manager, the General or the CEO. Just that they are a little more on the "just follow the order" side than most civilian jobs. It takes some getting use to. 3 years since I've been in and some times I get the urge to question and order or two but I've learned how to do it in a tactful manner.

Old 02-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Right

Old 02-26-2006, 05:49 AM

Hello - if the 300SDL is still available, I would like to discuss with you, please. Bill ( 847-971-8487 )

Old 02-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

No, longer available.