For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

pretty good 91 4matic wagon

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Default pretty good 91 4matic wagon

I have just superceded this good old car with a newer one, a 99 in great shape, and will spruce up the 91 for somebody else and be grateful for what I can get for it above $3000. Has 172 K miles. I've done everything to it that it wanted, mechanically, so it is in pretty good mechanical condition with new RW bearings, new exhaust, brand-new tires, coil, fuel pump and filter, wires, belt and all the pumps it drives (except A/C, which hasn't gotten noisy), head gasket, one ball joint (the other, or something, is groaning now. The car got hit in the right rear when it was a dealer's service-wagon. Dishonest dealer covered this up so I doubt it if would show on a Carfax readout. Dishonest dealer is out of business. The result of the collision damage is that there is rust around the right rear wheel cutout. There is a little rust along the top of the vinyl along both sides. It's white. The tailgate washer doesn't work, because the hose through the tailgate hinge area is worn-out, and the vacuum to the central locking of the tailgate is broken there too. Partly the gte locking system works but not completely. The self closing does. All the lights and brakes and transmission and engine and steering and heating and AC and whatnot are good. Alpine radio and CD player paused suddenly a few days ago, I dunno why. Pretty good car, and 4matic's great. Well? Seats are very good by the way, the driver's seat not broken down as sometimes happens. Blue MB tex inside. Take her away! Mason Smith