For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

FS: '87 300E

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 08:43 PM
Default FS: '87 300E

Our family has had this '87 300E for 4 years now and have loved it but it's been sitting in the garage so long since we've bought another Lexus ES300 this past year and a new Acura CL.

So... since I just graduated, my oflks have given me the car to sell and basically make some money to start up my new post-graduate life.

Pics can be provided, please e-mail me at civic4982@mail.utexas.edu if any of you are interested.

1987 Mercedes Benz 300E Sedan
VIN # : EA3ODOMA480102

Color - Champagne (It's a beige type of color and I don't know what mercedes calls it. It's kind of a a sand color that's light)
Interior - Leather, Beige.
Automatic Transmission

179,xxx miles
Sliding sun roof
Radio AM/FM and Cassette Tape.

The car has been garaged for the past 6 months without being driven and finally we just don't have room for it in our garage.
Today we bought a brand new battery from Autozone (3 year warranty) and started it up to drive around the block a few times.

The engine is running and drives safely. It does sound quite loud and we do not know why.
The brakes stop but I think the fluid needs to be refilled and the brake lines flushed. Like I said, it hasn't been driven for over 6 months now.
AC is not functioning and needs to be fixed.
The fan still functions perfect and all other electronics run well.

The exterior is very good. Paint looks great in my opinion and the pictures will definitely show that.
There are some small cracks on the plastic grill in the front which can be replaced. This plastic grill is the one that is surrounded by the chrome grill where the emblem is. I think when we were goin to replace it, the cost at the dealer was somewhere around $75 for the plastic grill piece.
The tires are still ok with some tread left.
Wheels are still solid but the heat fron the brakes has damaged the paint on them. I'm not sure if this is common with older MB wheels but ours needs to be repainted to look like now again. They are alloy wheels of some sort I believe.

If there are any more questions, please feel free to e-mail me at civic4982@mail.utexas.edu.

KBB for this car at "Fair" rating is $1950 for private party sales.
It's our family's first Benz and we hope that whomever takes this car will enjoy it as much as we have.

Vinh
civic4982@mail.utexas.edu