For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

FS: 1983 300TD turbo wagon

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 05:40 PM
Default FS: 1983 300TD turbo wagon

Hello All,
I have spent the last three months restoring 'Betty' to give to my little sister as a daily driver, but she has decided to move to India in the spring so she will not need the car. I have agonized over whether to keep her or my beloved 300E and I think it'll be the 124... . Tough choice...
Betty is navy over palimino. Located west of Buffalo NY (14063). +/-220k miles (odo works, Carfax=milage accurate). No wrecks/salvage, clean title/Carfax. Rare Package cover/net & chrome roof rack cross bars. 100% tuned up and checked out. 100% mechanically sound. Interior is nice. No structural rust at all, just a few bubbles in the drivers/passengers doors/rear hatch. Paint is ok with a couple of deep key scratches (who are the #$@%s that do that?) and some other light scratching that should buff out. I was looking to get it painted, and if you wanted her cherry I could still get it done (obviously this would increase price ).
Recent work (zero miles ago):
-All four brake calipers replaced w/ rebuilt units, new pads, rotors surfaced, fluid flushed.
-New Glow Plugs
-Rebuilt Automatic Climate Control. Don’t know if the A/C works, we don’t need it here. I’m sure it at least needs a charge.
-New Rear Hatch Shocks
-Oil/Air/Both Fuel Filters
-Tranny Fluid/Filter
-Flush Radiator. Fresh Mercedes Coolant.
-Valve Adjustment/New Valve Cover Gasket
-New Air Filter Mount
-New Waste Gate Hose
-Cleaned all interior switch contacts
-New Wipers Front/Rear
Pending:
-Fan Belt Set.
-Rebuilt Rear Window Wiper Motor.
-Self Leveling Pump/Hydraulic Switch Rebuilds: (In trying to get the self leveling to work one or both of the above may be rebuilt. I am confident that the problem is not in the actuators (big$$) and that I will have it sorted out later this week.)
-Headlight Doors.

She idles dead on @ 650rpms w/o any hint of stumble. Oil Pressure solid 2 bar @ 80*C @ idle. The only thing she's unhappy about is not being driven everyday . I drove her more than 500 miles before I tuned her up w/ no problems at all.

Asking $3800

I have more, very detailed pics. Email me (mvenn@hotmail.com) if you're interested. I have tons of pics.
Cheers Guys,
-Matt-