For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2.5 turbo diesel engine needing rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Default 2.5 turbo diesel engine needing rebuild

1992 300D engine that must have blown a head gasket because it overheated. It was losing compression but I thought the valves were needing grinding. Looks like that was not the case entirely.

I replaced the engine with a used one but kept the core as a parts supply. It is all still there with the exception of one injector line and the short block and the injection pump still seem to be in fine working condition. The turbo is OK and would be a good used one.

My 300D got rearended at a light and was totaled out. (I made it through without a scratch! To quote the cop, "You were riding in THAT!") soI do not need this engine or any part of it.

This thing is very heavy; I am guessing about 900 pounds. Shipping would have to go my motor freight unless you wanted just a part of it.

The whole thing is for sale $600 + shipping. If you just want a part of it I can part it out. Price on individual items will have to be discussed.

Remember: This will need at the very least a valve job. I do not know if the head is warped or not so assume that it is.

Sam