For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1983 240d w/manual transmission for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Default 1983 240d w/manual transmission for sale

I have decided to put my 240d 4 speed up for sale, as I have decided that I want something a little faster as my daily driver. The details are as follows:
The car is blue with a beige interior (mb tex), the left front fender and hood are a lighter shade of blue due to a minor accident about two years ago. The interior is in excellent shape, with no
cracks in the dash. Body-wise, there is some cosmetic rust around the rear wheel arches (nothing major), and a few dings and dents that are commensurate with the car's age. There was rust perforation in the right rear floorboard, which has been professionally repaired with new metal in the last two weeks (I did not want to sell the car with any structural or major rust).
The following repairs have been performed in the last year: Front brake calipers, master cylinder, flex hoses for same; complete exhaust system; engine mounts; shifter bushing; glow plugs; four tires; fuel return lines and all rubber fuel lines in engine bay; both fuel filters; valve adjustment; A/C compressor, receiver/dryer, R134a conversion; instrument cluster (the left side w/ oil press gauge); drive belts; voltage regulator.
The car will need rear brake pads pretty soon (was told at time of Virginia inspection), and the left lower ball joint groans from time to time (no play exists in the joint, is not safety relevant). The only other thing the car needs is a little cosmetic tlc on the exterior (IMHO, it could use a paint job).
FYI The car has 247k on it, and is fitted with the following options: Sunroof, power windows and rh mirror, rear defrost, power antenna, original becker radio. All of these work perfectly with the exception of the antenna, which was replaced with a non-power unit (I have the original).
I believe I have covered all of the bases, and will be more than happy to answer any and all questions on the car. You can post here, or email me at okb156@aol.com, or call my cell at (703)999-6712.
I am trying to recover the approx. $2200 that I have sunk into this car (it was actually more, but I prorated for 1.5 years of use),
but I will accept any reasonable offer.
Thanks,
Joe Healey
PS I have quite a few pictures that I can forward upon request.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15826/CE88872F030349028E7C93D3FC5E3C0B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-07-2006, 01:02 AM
Default RE: 1983 240d w/manual transmission for sale

The car has been sold, thanks for looking.