Ride of the Month This section is specifically for issues pertaining to CBR of the month nominations and voting!

december nominations!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 07:29 PM
Administrator
Default december nominations!!

It is 5.26pm on November 10th, and december nominations are now open!!

Old 11-25-2005, 06:50 AM
Default RE: december nominations!!

Guess I better look at the cars to place a nomination.

Old 11-30-2005, 04:02 AM

Here is my ol' faithful, nothing fancy. She takes me to places reliably. She is not about status, show, or brag. She is just a dutiful car. She would be honored if someone nominates her.

Old 12-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Administrator

thats an awesome picture fly...if you want to PM me a shoert write up about why you chose that car, i will put you up as rotm...it pays to take initiative..

Old 12-06-2005, 10:59 PM

I might as well make public on why I chose to own this wonderful 280, and why I chose this particular picture.

Though all men love cars, there are two kinds of men nowadays when it comes to cars. First kind has talent and time to repair a car. The second kind has neither and I fall under this second class. (The new cars have one or two hunk of metal blocks and a million transistors...and this kills the ego of most men anyway.)

Also...I wasn't interested in pimping the car in anyway. I even threw away a visor CD holder given to me by a friend. Not interested in accessorizing the car either.

So in a sense...I wanted a reliable car that works wonderfully "out-of-the-box".

For $11,000 in Dec2004, the following was the list of requirements when I was shopping:
[ul][*] Reliability[*] Comfort[*] Features
[/ul]

The first one -- Reliability -- created the domain that includes Accord, TL, C230, C280, ES300.

The second one -- Comfort -- removed Accord because it is noisy and it seats gave me backache. And I killed ES300 for carrying Camry's stigma "boring".

The third one -- Features -- looked for heated seats and HID.

TL and C280 made it to the final list because no Kompreesor was on the market at the time. Though C280 is less reliable than TL, I finally picked C280 because I WAS BIAS OR PARTIAL TOWARDS A REAR-WHEEL DRIVE.

I have the mentality, "A real car is a rear-wheel drive". I am happy with my C280 now.

I like the picture with the horse, and here are the reasons. Many people buy and drive their cars for status, the Chinese and the rich are good examples. My idea of owning a car is to give me reliable transportation.

[ul][*] I may go to Wal-Mart with it, [*] I may go to the gym,[*] I may drive it to work,[*] I may attend weddings, and[*] heck....I may go to the farm and feed the horses if I want.
[/ul]

The picture depicts my C280 as an everyday car, not a race car, not a show piece. It was built to serve the function of transportation. It has served me well, and I love it.

Old 12-07-2005, 02:20 AM
Super Moderator

nice horse.

Old 12-07-2005, 10:55 PM

I think a Benz is a status symbol for alot of people, not just CHINESE or rich. But what do I know about them crazy Chinese.

Old 12-08-2005, 12:11 AM

Check out the SF Bay Area and Sacramento/Elk Grove area. They all drive a Benz or a Lexus. Anything less is illegal.

The uglier the person is....the better the car.

The chinese from Hong Kong, mostly, come here with boat-loads of $$$, which I will never have in my lifetime EVEN IF I have a money printer that prints $20-bill every hour.

It gives me headache to think why the chinese have so much money (and so ugly).

Old 12-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Administrator

can you get me a full body shot of your car?

Old 12-08-2005, 06:26 PM

My Dear C280 - Nothing Added Nothing Taken Out

Quick Reply: december nominations!!