Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Who Owns the Monn?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 02:10 AM
Default RE: Who Owns the Moon?

If it's mined it will be a joint effort like the Space Station is now. No space war needed. All developed countries will agree to participate, then Russia will run out of money. They'll have to take paying tourists to the Moon with them to pay their share after causing long and major delays.

Old 11-08-2005, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator

in that case, i'm going to franchise STARBUCKS and open a branch there.

Old 11-08-2005, 10:40 AM

Yeah, doesn't a Triple Venti White Chocolate Mocha Latte and an ear of corn sound good?

If you open a Starbucks up there, change the size designations to small, medium, and large. Then number the menu like a Chinese restaurant. Then instead of having to order a Triple Venti White Chocolate Mocha Latte like some sissy boy, I can order a large number 4, for example.

It's not like they'll get mad and come up there to talk to you. If they do, just moon them.

Old 11-08-2005, 02:40 PM
Administrator

i prefer how chinese food is ordered..less struggling with another language...

Old 11-08-2005, 04:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Lugnut
Russia will run out of money. They'll have to take paying tourists to the Moon with them to pay their share after causing long and major delays.

Let me bring you up to speed Lug.
Russia is offering space tourism for several years already and with bargain $20 mil price they have long waiting line.

Or was it $200 mil? Not in my range this way, or another.

Old 11-08-2005, 06:31 PM

Umm, why do you think I made the comment? It's $20 million. I guess I'm a little too fast for you? This one went right over your head. You didn't have a clue.

Old 11-08-2005, 11:23 PM

You are backtracking again.
If you knew, that Russia is having more customers, than the seats they can deliver, that means the business is bringing tons of profit.
How can anybody run out of money in such business?
Judging on your own sample again?

Old 11-09-2005, 12:04 AM

Do you slobber constantly and wear a bib?

From the post I made that started this shindig. Read it again, please.

If it's mined it will be a joint effort like the Space Station is now. No space war needed. All developed countries will agree to participate, then Russia will run out of money. They'll have to take paying tourists to the Moon with them to pay their share after causing long and major delays.
Russia entered a multinational partnership to help build the International Space Station (ISS). There was no provision for taking tourists to the ISS when the agreements were reached. Russia ran out of money for the project after it began. This threatened the time table for the ISS and caused some major delays. Then Russia decided, against the wishes of the other partners, to ferry paying tourists to the ISS to help defray their share of the costs of the project. They charge $20 million USD. It's not a business. It's a desperate move by Russia to remain relevant on the World scene.

Do you notice the similarities? What I said was a joke. Russia would enter a joint agreement to mine the moon and then run out of money and delay the project. Then they'd have to take paying tourists to the moon to help pay for their share of the costs, just like they did with the ISS project. It's not my fault that you didn't get it, or can't get it. I know it's complicated... for a slobberer.

Old 11-09-2005, 02:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Lugnut
I know it's complicated... for a slobberer.

Yeah I know. Judging present Russian economy by temporary situation in the past, when Russia was converting its whole economy from communism to capitalism. BTW how long so far is USA taking to "massage" the system?
What smart person might consider is, that in present time it is oil, that shakes the World.
And who has the biggest supply?

Old 11-09-2005, 02:36 AM

Greatest Oil Reserves by Country, 2005

Proven Reserves in Billion of Barrels

1. Saudi Arabia 261.9
2. Canada 178.81
3. Iran 125.8
4. Iraq 115.0
5. Kuwait 101.5
6. United Arab Emirates 97.8
7. Venezuela 77.2
8. Russia 60.0
9. Libya 39.0
10. Nigeria 35.3

So what's your point? I was talking about Russia paying for the ISS now or a joint mining effort on the moon. Go off on a tangent by yourself if you want, okay? See ya.

Quick Reply: Who Owns the Monn?