Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

White House under fire in Cheney shooting accident

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: White House under fire in Cheney shooting accident

Any publicised shooting accidents just give anti-gun people more ammo to feed the non-educated average person to hate guns. Its sad. I gives use that use firearms saftely and responsibly a bad name.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:30 PM

The anti-gun people are hoping that the lawyer dies. That would really make their day. He had a heart attack, BTW. One of the pellets entered his heart, or very nearly did.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah i was just reading that it said that it was not a heart attack in the "traditional sense" so now heart attacks are traditional?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060214/...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Old 02-14-2006, 09:50 PM

The old fool who shot my feet had a bottle of whiskey that he had saved for after the shoot,so when I calmed down and he offered me the bottle I drank the lot.It certainly eased the pain.
John.

Old 02-14-2006, 10:15 PM

Well, then, I would have thrown up on his feet. I couldn't let someone just walk after he shot me, you know?

Old 02-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

As the old saying goes, "guns don't kill people. People kill people." Sit a AK-47 in the room with a normal person and I gurantee that AK won't just get up and start firing out of the blue with the intent to kill. Now add two people in the same room with an AK, some one might die.

As far as the media concerned. I beleieve that too them ratings is the most important thing no matter who is hurt or defamed as long as ratings go up and the rich man gets paid. I bet if it came down to it, I think they would shoot their own reporters if it promise sky rocket ratings and profit.

And if you notice, positive news don't sell well. No one wants to hear what's good. Or who is making a good living or who is staying out of trouble. Or the right decisions the president makes. That's not interesting. The American people want blood, guts, and the fall and blunders of powerful people. Think about it, the only time you really here about a celebrity is when they are caught in a scam, cheating, speeding, or doing something weird or negative. I think that's the mentality of the media now and days.

Old 02-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

We can't just blame the media if thats what gets ratings they are there to make money and they put on tv what sells.

Old 02-15-2006, 07:52 PM

Well, there are people in the media, some of whom are to the right of center, that are tossing around the notion that if the lawyer dies, which he likely will NOT, Cheney could be charged with involuntary manslaughter. As it stands now, a feeling that his actions were negligent is gaining momentum. This raises the very entertaining question, then, would Cheney be charged, or is he above the law?

For conspiracy theorists, the question is, "What really happened in that field?"

Old 02-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

The media has been dragging this issue for too long now. So what if he shot his friend. First off, it was an accident, it happens. Second, who cares? The guy is like 80 something anyways, he took a chance going hunting. If all their rant is about not telling the press about it within a day, then they are really pittiful...

-Matt-

Old 02-16-2006, 02:45 PM

A part of me wonders if Cheney did this on purpose for the distraction value. But seriously, it is a startling story when you first hear it, but it's pretty lame to extend any implications beyond the personal level. People who attack the administration for this kind of lame crap do nothing but hurt their credibility when it comes to legitimate issues.

Quick Reply: White House under fire in Cheney shooting accident