Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

What"s Your Favorite Dessert?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Default RE: What"s Your Favorite Dessert?

Coldstone is an ice cream franchise and they mix whatever you want. Like any type of choc, m&ms etc. I learned about them during my visit to Atlanta. You should try it, one of their mixes was selected as the #1 in the US. Cant wait their new location to open near my area.

Old 11-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Administrator

i dont like sweets...

Old 11-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

patrick is cutting down on calories.

Old 11-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Administrator

nah..its not a health-food thing, i just dont care for alot of desserts.. i mean, there are things that i enjoy once in a while...i have ice cream maybe once a month...i prefer vanilla...regular not french...

Old 11-10-2005, 10:26 PM

They're in Atlanta? I guess I should know about them. Actually, I don't ever go downtown since I don't work there anymore.

Anyway, I make my own ice cream. I always have five or six flavors in the freezer at any time. I'm not a Ben & Jerry's wannabe, though. The craziest I get is mint chocolate chip. I mostly make vanilla ice cream and then flavor it when I make milk shakes and frappuccinos with it.

So what are some Turkish desserts?

Old 11-10-2005, 11:36 PM
Administrator

we also have coldstone here...its VERY expensive as ice cream goes...the missus and i stop in and leave 20 bucks lighter...only getting small things...

Old 11-10-2005, 11:40 PM

Is it good ice cream? I mean, is it mainly cream with milk, an egg yolk, and flavoring?

Old 11-11-2005, 12:42 AM

They are basically doing the same thing that you are doing home. I cant do it myself that is why I like their mixes a lot. I dont know if there is one in downtown but the one I went was near the Emory College.

There are many Turkish desserts , some of them are extremely nice however some of them are too sweet. I do not how to explain them but they sell a few kinds in www.tulumba.com if you are really interested you can order online. I specially like the "Sekerpare".

I sometimes order some from them. It is not as good as what you get in Turkey, but it is alright.

Maybe I will also start doing my ice cream mixes at home sometime, it must be fun

Old 11-11-2005, 12:54 AM

That Web site is a lot to look through. There's no description for sekerpare. Is it like baklava?

Old 11-11-2005, 04:44 AM

No it is not like baklava. I think it is harder to make baklava than sekerpare. I prefer sekerpare but most people like baklava better. But they all have complete different tastes than the desserts we have here in US.

Quick Reply: What"s Your Favorite Dessert?