Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Very Good Car that took the beating with Grace

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 04:20 AM
Default Very Good Car that took the beating with Grace

I am remembering this Millenia S that had served me well under severe weather and driving conditions. She is also the one that gave me the most satisfaction among the cars I've ever driven.

Old 11-30-2005, 12:02 PM
Default RE: Very Good Car that took the beating with Grace

Your photo reminds me of an incident that happened with my wife back in the 80's. We had an ice storm and her car at the time was a leased Taurus Wagon. For some reason, she decided to scrap the ice off the hood, what a mess and what a bill to have it repainted. I told her, in a nice way, take care of the windows the heat from the engine will take care of the hood. Then she babbled about headlights, I said turn them on and keep them on the ice will melt them. Being the indigent person she is and finally we are divorcing, as I am always wrong and she's not. She said then you pay for the hood painting, which I did as the least was to expire about two months later, and having the hood painted, in a private shop, cost a lot less then what Ford who have charged me at the end of lease.

Back in March I bought her a new car, ( I stopped leasing cars soon after that, as I found they were a losing deal anyway me and my accountant looked at it). I bought her a 04 Hyundai, and jokingly, I said to here remenber don't scrape the hood next winter if there is ice, a few months later she announced she is divorcing me, as I tell her what to do. Oh well, life goes on OB LA DEE OB LA DA

Old 12-01-2005, 04:56 PM
Administrator

was your mazda supercharged?

Old 12-06-2005, 03:06 AM

Yes, that was a Type-S. 2.3L v6 -- the smallest OEM-supercharged engine ever. Really nice car, 100% reliable in electrical and electronics, no lag time in acceleration, quiet and smooth ride, friendly controls, stiff body, amazingly roomy trunk, excellent overall. one car i have no complaint on. my gf wished for heated seats though.

Old 12-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Administrator

isnt that a miller cycle built engine? soemthing along those lines?

Old 12-06-2005, 04:09 PM

It is Miller Cycle Engine. Almost impossible and NOT-cost-effective to repair if something goes wrong.

I had to sell it as it reached 150k miles. I could have waited until 200K, but at then who will pay a dollar for it!

Old 12-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Administrator

my dad had one come in that had taken a hard head on shot, and the motor disintegrated...but it ran well for you?

Old 12-06-2005, 10:27 PM

it ran well on me.

u have to change oil religiously or there will be sludge. u have to put premium gas or it knocks. very sensitive engine -- not forgiving at all.

no room to work on -- mechanic's nightmare. if you take things apart in the engine compartment, I guarantee you that you can never put them back like the way it was.

Old 12-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Administrator

kind of like unpacking on a long trip?