Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

turbo or no turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Default turbo or no turbo

Currently I am looking for a new car and i have taken a lot of intrest in the slk350.

However because everything is a contest with my brother i wanted to boost the hp on the car. so my question is

is there enough space to put in a turbo or a twin turbo or a supercharger? in the slk350 and/ or the slk55 amg?

i serously would not like to be beaten by a Viper. although the viper is a great car, to me it looks a bit overrated. and i want to prove my brother that a small engine can still bite. (v8 or v6 v. his vipers v10 with turbo)

I know is a great car to mess up and i apologise to those true slk fans.

Old 06-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: turbo or no turbo

You must have a large allowance.

Look at the AMG models (or Kleemann modified) for supercharged versions of the SLK that while they should blow the doors of most cars in a slalom run, may not do the job on the drag strip.

It just depends what you want. With the SLK, you will get a fun to drive drop top with a lot of class and speed. I think I would spend my money on a 'vette for a drag racer though, or, how about an Acura NSX turbo instead?

Old 06-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

I wouldn't race a viper in my slow old sled. LOL!

My wife and I were sitting at a traffic light next to a Viper, and it was shaking the frick'n ground at idle. I could feel the percusion of its exhaust in my chest, in MY car!

Heck with racing against that car.

Charles

Old 06-29-2006, 03:10 PM

Yeah the Viper is fast... but from what I hear it's horrid quality. Seriously... I'd prefer a good SL55 AMG to a Viper any day. I only know of a few cars that can beat a Viper... Ferraris, Lambos, and the Bugatti Veyron. Almost no one can afford a Veyron though... It's $1.2M. (But it has 2 V8s, turboed, with 1,000 HP. 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, 260 mph top speed :O )

Old 07-04-2006, 01:41 AM

the only good thing about the viper is the thrill..the crazy sense of danger....the possiblity that everything at some point will fall apart.
some interesting info on the new viper......the warning labels...

..they have warning labels about "children in the back seat"...and "backseat DVD screens".....apparantly the stupid American safety commisions thinks it has back seats..

and one warning label that you should pay attention to.....since they mounted the exhaust on the side underneath the drive seat...and encased them in fiberglass....well they light on fire after some crazy driving....now thats a true viper.....

j-mang