Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Tuning??

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Tuning??

lugnut was of course kidding when he says it was '59 cadillac.

i never thought you could modify the engine of Citroen?

Old 04-17-2004, 10:33 PM

I know he has kidding

well, he modified the engine...

it has 70hp in the Nitro and now he installed a turbocharger. also has racing scap (4"), sport air filter (is that correct??), modified chip, that kind of thing...

I don´t like the Xantia original, I think it´s ugly. But this one is just PERFECT!! in the pictures it doesn´t look so good, but live it is perfect

I guess every engine can be modified. But some are easier than others (japanese cars are easier, as far as I know)

[]´s

Old 04-18-2004, 12:14 AM

Did he build up the bottom end of the engine? If not, I'll bet that bottle of Glenlivet I was telling you about that he doesn't get 1,000 miles on that engine before it explodes. Aftermarket Turbo with NO on a tiny factory engine equals involuntary and automatic engine disassembly. Can you say, "Look at that hole in the side of block! Wow! And the head is bent like a U!"

Don't you think it needs to be lowered? It looks like a 4x4.

Old 04-18-2004, 11:13 PM

no, he didn´t build the top of the engine yet. When he puts more pressure in the turbo he is going to do it, but not so soon.

once he had 100hp in the NITRO and he blew up his engine. now it is rebuilt, but like the original block.

it can be lowered by using a shift close to the hand brake. that´s the coolest thing about this car, in my opinion: the pneumatic suspension. it comes like that from the factory. Nice, don´t you think? this picture shows the rear wheel with the suspension as low as it gets. pretty cool stuff!!

[]´s

Old 04-19-2004, 09:41 AM

Yeah, that adjustable suspension is nice. What's it for? Do French roads have lots of big rocks on them?

Old 04-19-2004, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

as far as i know they already have stopped producing those hydro pneumatic suspension because of leak problem. ride comfort problem is another reason.

when i used to work in saudi arabia last 1988, arabs are very proud of it because they don't even need a jack to change the wheel.

Old 04-19-2004, 11:02 AM

Do you mean each wheel can be extened independently?

Old 04-19-2004, 11:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Lugnut

Yeah, that adjustable suspension is nice. What's it for? Do French roads have lots of big rocks on them?
I don´t know about France, but in Brazil we have terrible tracks, too many holes. So it´s very interesting for us here to have that suspension, but the only one that works nice in high speed is this suspension that comes from factory. The air suspensions that some people install are terrible, very stiff, and your car will react as a boat over 100 miles per hour.

In the Citroen Xantia, the front and back wheels can be extened independently, but not every wheel is independent. So if you want to have your back high, you can. But JUST your rear right wheel high, you can´t. The left rear wheel is also going up with it.

sleepwalker, the only problem my friend had with that suspension was when he has traveling to the Northeast of Brazil, and he cought a big hole in the road (he was in pretty high speed). So the problem was not really the suspension, I think any car would have problems like that in the same situation.

and they still produce cars with that suspension. The Citroen C5 is produced with the same suspension that Xantia used.

[]´s

Old 04-19-2004, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

yeah, right.

although the MB W220 S600 got the same system (ABC) active body control, the wheels will not retract once you put a block of bricks on the side member because of the design.

i was amaze to see that citroen wheel coming up like a semi-trailing axle of actros or freightliner trucks.

Old 04-19-2004, 12:48 PM

guys, there is a tuning forum here in Brazil that is called "Carros de Rua", or Street cars, in English

they have some pictures of my friend´s citroen, if you want to see them, acess the URL

http://www.carrosderua.com.br/galeria.php?idgaleria=218

another friend of mine has a Opel (Chevrolet) Calibra tuned, it can be seen in the URL

http://www.bsbtuning.com.br/bsb.php?...staque_calibra

do you like it??

Quick Reply: Tuning??