Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Top Gear Taken off the air

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 02:45 AM
Default Top Gear Taken off the air

It seems that Discovery Channel has taken Top Gear off the air. If you are as disappointed as I am please send you feedback to Discovery Channel via this URL.

http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations

Old 10-22-2005, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Top Gear Taken off the air

I never say the show and I do watch some Auto programing. What kind of program was/is it? Perhaps poor advertising lead to it's dimiss.

Old 10-22-2005, 11:48 PM

Bikerdrew, it was my a good car show reviewing/thrashing all the new cars that come out. ferraris lambos etc, and just giving them reviews and driving them round a track with lots of drifts burnouts etc, it was good :-)

Old 10-24-2005, 03:15 PM
Administrator

wow....i thought that it was an awesome show. however, most of the people whom i knwo that watch it regularly, complain that they are a bit too anti-US cars...

Old 10-25-2005, 12:13 AM

WOW. Administrator goes politics again.
I know the main difference between American and other cars is, that in US it takes about 3 tons of steel to carry single ***, when in the rest of the World a ton of steel can carry 4.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:29 PM
Administrator

im not talking about politics...thats your department...dont be so quick to fly a plane into me...i wasnt even speaking on my behalf..i have been watching it for a while online before it was on the air here.

did you ever watch the show? i thought that it was a great show, and they tested both exotic and every day vehicles, but they were often quick to bag on american vehicles...for instance, they tested the ACR Viper against something..a jaguar maybe, and although the viper killed the jag in every category, they called the viper "rubbish", and said that the jag was better...but they had just shown the viper beat the jag at literally everything. but they seldom reviewed american cars, and they didn ALWAYS trash them, as they gave a great review to the 300C.

however, i found more interest in their exotics, like watching take a CCR through a road course...

Old 10-26-2005, 05:53 PM

I think I've seen the show, when they compared Volvo to couple others.
Volvo was the worst in all handling/performance categories, till the braking and brick wall crashing, where Volvo drove away, while others had to be towed. What would be your final conclusion?
Everybody is biased in his/her opinion. Even being naturalized US citizen I am obviously biased in my experience and following opinions. Having ownership of 1800 lb sport cars under my belt, I have different point of view on the multi-tons monsters built in US. What else would you expect?

Old 10-26-2005, 09:50 PM

yea i agree with patrick. they abuse american cars it classic
but yea did u see the dodge that when they gave it a thrashing the paint peeled off the side were the exhaust comes out from the heat! well thought through i say

Old 10-27-2005, 12:30 AM

which channel is this show on?

Old 10-28-2005, 05:20 PM
Administrator

none now...

what is your 1800 lb sports car? thats very small...like a triumph or an MG?

Quick Reply: Top Gear Taken off the air